Chapter 11: A Fine Feathered Friend

Everyone was enjoying a day at the park. After playing for most of the morning, you and your girlfriends were resting under the shade of a tree. Holding them close, you were watching as SMG4 and Mario were fighting over something stupid again. However, all that was ruined once a blue hedgehog landed face first into the ground.

Y/n: Anyone want to introduce who that is?

Mario: Oh, that's Sonic. Hey Sonic you alright?

Sonic gets up and looks over at all of you.

Sonic: Not really. Somehow Egg-head managed to find animals powerful enough to super charge all his robotic creations.

Y/n: I'm sorry, what?

Sonic: Yeah, Eggman uses animals to power his machines and robots.

Meggy: That's messed up.

Sonic: You're telling me. I just want to know what animal he's using to generate all this power. If he gets here to the city, he'll try to destroy everything!

And right on cue, something else fell from the sky. A large, beautiful red bird. It got back up and shook its head, and tried to take off again, but cried out in pain. It had broken its wing. It then looked up in anger and sadness at the armada of ships coming over the horizon. Something tells you to help the bird, so you get up and calmly walk over to it. It saw you and screeched at you.

Tari: Y/n, be careful!

You put your hand out and slow down.

Y/n: I'm not gonna hurt you. I just wanna see if I can help heal your wing.

It stares at you for a second before hesitantly giving you its wing. You softly put your hand on it and cast cure. A green light washed over the whole wing. After it faded, the bird extended and after feeling no pain it turned back towards you. It spoke in a very beautiful voice, indicating it as female.

Bird: Thank you human. It appears not all of you are heartless creatures after all. I am Phoenix.

Y/n: Phoenix, as in the immortal bird?

Phoenix: Yes. If you will excuse me, I must go and rescue my children.

Before Phoenix could take off again, you get her attention once more.

Y/n: Wait! Let me help!

Phoenix: Excuse me? I appreciate you helping, but you are merely human.

You call forth your Royal Arms, surprising her.

Phoenix: A King of Lucis? But I thought they died out with Noctis?

Y/n: They did, but Bahamut transferred some of his powers to save my life, thus granting me the powers of the Lucian Kings. Please, we could help each other. You can save your children, and I can protect my Kingdom.

She thought for a second before lowering her body, allowing you to hop on. You get on Phoenix and after settling yourself, she lets loose a powerful screech and takes off. Everyone stares as you fly off towards the armada of ships.

Mario: Mario's-a so proud.

After flying for a few moments, the ships spot you and start firing missiles. You shout thunder, and lightning bolts rain down destroying each missile coming your way. Afterwards, multiple little drones tried to attack you. They were easily destroyed by the Star of the Rouge. More missiles tried to shoot you and Phoenix down but you called forth more lightning. However your mana pool was being drained rapidly. You saw another ship flying right next to you and got an idea.

Y/n: Phoenix! Get me close to that ship!

Phoenix turns sharply and once in range, you throw your engine blade on top of the ship. You find a hatch and drop down, right in front of a whole room of robots.

Y/n: ...Fellas...

Each robot grabs a nearby weapon and charges at you. You summon the Swords of the Wanderer and split apart the two halves. You slash through the group with seamless ease. After destroying every robot in the room, you spot a turret nearby. Mounting the turret you destroy every transport ship you can see on the side you are on. Hearing more robots begin to board the ship, you move towards the cockpit. Noticing the wheel, you grab it and pull it to side with all your might, sending it on a direct path to a nearby ship.

You head back to the top after fighting through another group. You see Phoenix fly towards your location so you jump. She quickly swooped down and caught you. Hearing the ships behind you collide with one another, Phoenix heads towards the capital ship. She doesn't bother landing on just any part like some stereotypical video game, but instead crashes right through the window to the bridge. There you see a fat, bald, moustached man, with a large container holding ten small red birds. Calling forth the engine blade, you point it at Eggman.

Y/n: Games over Eggman, give up.

Eggman: Wait! You're not Sonic!

Y/n: You're right, I'm not. Let me guess, you and Sonic have been enemies for a while, and everytime you two fight, one of you lets your guard down and explain how you won, am I right?

Before he could answer you threw your sword over to his chair, warping right in front of him, now with your sword pointed right in his face.

Y/n: Well guess what? I'm not like Sonic. Firstly, you capture the children of a divine bird. And you are also planning to attack MY kingdom, do you really think I'm going to let my guard down against you?

He presses a button, acting like you didn't notice him do it. You hear a mechanical whirring sound and quickly turn around and destroy the giant robot coming out of the floor, completely shocking Eggman. When you turn to face him again he puts his hands up in surrender.

You free the small birds from their casing and you have Eggman land the ship right outside the outskirts of the city. The authorities come and arrest Eggman and Phoenix gives you a ride back to the park. The baby phoenix's flying around you the whole way, one even landing on your shoulder and nuzzling against you. After you returned, you were tackled by the girls and given congratulations from everybody.

Phoenix: I realize I never got your name human.

Y/n: My name is Y/n. Y/n Lucis Caelum.

Phoenix: Y/n. I am forever grateful for your help in rescuing my children. May we meet again some time in the future.

And with that she, and her kids, fly off into the horizon. After spending another hour celebrating and receiving compliments and kisses, and a pat on the back by Sonic, you all head back home.