Chapter 20: Royal Affairs

Weeks passed since you were declared King. Of course, your first rule was to begin repairs as soon as possible. A few days after the attack, the Eggman had escaped from prison, and all poice officers at the station were reported as dead. The castle's damages were far worse than you had thought they were. Repairs were made as quick as you would have thought. The design was the same as Peach's castle, but the color scheme was turned to more black and gray. The city wasn't too bad, a few buildings were destroyed, but records stated they were to be torn down anyway. After the citizens started getting back on their feet, you started recruiting for your army, The Crownsguard, and your personal guard, The Kingsglaive.

Well, to be technical, you only recruited your friends and lovers to be Kingsglaive. Bowser, as royalty himself, immediately allied himself with you. But the same couldn't be said about any of the other nations. Even some of the citizens didn't agree with putting the fate of the Kingdom in the hands an eighteen year old. You would think that facing a god would prove you have what it takes to lead a country. 

You had requested a meeting with two leaders of the closest nations. The Queen of the Beanbean Kingdom, and the Prime Minister of Inkopolis. You were finishing up putting on your Royal Raiment when Saiko came in. She was dressed in her new Kingsglaive uniform.

Saiko: Ready Y/n?

Y/n: Ready as I'll ever be. 

You turn to her.

Y/n: I look alright?

She smiles and walks over to you. She runs her fingers through your hair as a makeshift comb to fix it.

Saiko: You look great. But do you feel alright?

Y/n: Not gonna lie. I'm nervous.

Saiko: I'm sure you'll be fine. I, as well as Meggy, Desti and Tari are going to be there with you. There is nothing to worry about.

Y/n: Thank you. I know I can count on all of you.

You and Saiko share a quick kiss before heading out. After making your way to the meeting room, you open the two large doors to be met with a female Inkling with two other Inklings dressed in suits behind her. The other was a quite large green woman, you personally knew her a Queen Bean. You saw Meggy, Desti and Tari near the other side of the round table. Saiko was the only one in her uniform. Meggy and Desti were wearing clothes similar to the Prime Minister guards, however while they were in blue and white, Meggy and Desti wore your kingdoms colors. tari was in her regular clothes, not having experience in actual fighting, so she wasn't really in the Kingsglaive.

Queen Bean: Ah Y/n. Oh, it seems only yesterday you came through my Kingdom to begin your journey.

Y/n: it's good to see you again Queen Bean.

You look over to the Inkling woman.

Y/n: Thank you Prime Minister for accepting my request.

Prime Minister: The pleasure is mine, your majesty. I am Camelia Claustra, Prime Minister of Inkopolis. Now what is this danger you spoke of in your letter?

Y/n: If you hadn't heard already, the Infernian, Ifrit has awakened. His daemonic armies are beginning to rise again. Just a few weeks prior, Titan had attacked my city. Years before that, a general used daemonic energy to control Titan's mind, and put him away until he could have been used.

Queen Bean: If what your asking is for us to join the fight against Ifrit, I'm sorry. I, and I'm sure that Lady Claustra here has our own affairs.

Y/n: That is not what I'm asking. Ifrit is my priority. What I am asking, is that if I need to, I awaken the gods slumbering in your respective nations.

Camelia: I'm sorry?

Y/n: : Lady Claustra, Leviathan sleeps under the ocean surrounding Inkopolis. And Queen Bean, Ramuh's runestones rest in certain points around your Kingdom. 

Camelia: I know which god slumbers in my own home Mr. Caelum. What I mean to ask is how can I trust you, a brand new King come into my home, and commune with one of the creators?

Queen Bean: I must agree with the Prime Minister, Y/n. And I know Mario and Luigi, and of the shenanigans they cause here in the Mushroom- I mean, Kingdom of Lucis. How can I trust that my people do not have to be afraid of you.

Y/n: Camelia, Leviathan is the next god Ifrit will persuade next. Which means that he will send his forces to infiltrate your city. In return of letting us commune with Leviathan, I can have my soldiers protect Inkopolis. And Queen Bean, I will be able to come up with something to make your people know were not bad guys. My friend SMG4 and I could come up with some comedy and show we can be relatable people.

Camelia: Very well Y/n. If you promise to send your forces to protect my city, I will allow you to talk with Leviathan, on my own terms of course. And should something bad happen, it will be on your head, your majesty.

You nod and reach over to shake the Prime Minister's hand, sealing your deal.

Queen Bean: And if you manage to get a positive reaction out of my people, I will allow you to track down the runestones to awaken Ramuh.

You shake hands with Queen Bean. Now with your deals sealed, and telling Queen Bean to keep an eye out tomorrow, you escort them to the main entrance. After they leave, you let out a sigh and sit on the couch.

Y/n: That was stressful!

Meggy: But you did a great job! I wouldn't even be able to talk to the Prime Minister.

Desti: Yeah, she can be really scary at times.

Saiko: And what kind of comedy are you going to come up with SMG4?

You turn and smile at the girls.

Y/n: The only comedy we know. Being stupid and winging it.

Tari: Uh-oh.

You run off to find SMG4 and the rest of the guys. A lot of things need to get prepared.