Chapter 36: The Way to Nifilheim

As the large battalion of soldiers and vehicles made their way through the desert, everyone was making a few last minute checks on their supplies. You sat in a heavily armored mobile command station with your, now fiancee's. As they talked to the female soldiers in the truck, you went over to the full bodied mirror, making some adjustments to your new lightweight battle armor.

This new armor was strong and durable enough to block most gunshots and deflect strikes. Of course to make you as mobile and flexible as needed, there were a lot of vulnerabilities in it, but you believe you should be fine. You walk back to the others and take your seat.

Y/n: So, is everyone doing okay?

Female Crownsguard: Yes sir! By the way, may I say that you got them the most beautiful rings?

Y/n: You think so? When I bought them, I had hoped they liked them.

Meggy: Like them? Y/n, we love them. They're beautiful.

Saiko: I agree. Thank you Y/n.

They each kissed you on the cheek one at a time.

Female Crownsguard: That is so sweet. I'll leave all of you be. I gotta go check on the others anyway.

The woman walked to the other room of the truck. You look to see the girls looking at their rings, smiles on their faces. Desti then started laughing.

Tari: Desti? What's funny?

Desti: It's just... a year ago, we never thought that we would meet, become friends with, then have a relationship with a prince. Now that prince has become a King, and we are marrying him after he defeats a god. And yet here we are.

Tari: She's right. Who would've thought our lives would come to this?

Meggy: If anyone asks me if I have any regrets, I'd tell them no. I enjoyed every moment I had with everyone.

Saiko: Please make sure you win this and live. I don't want all these great memories be shattered if you die.

Y/n: Don't worry, I don't plan on losing this time. I will beat Ardyn, and we will save our world. I promise.

You shared a kiss with each of them, then felt the truck come to a stop. Then the main doors open.

Male Crownsguard: Your Majesty, we are here.

You and the girls exited the command station. What you saw in front of you was indeed the Ruins of the Nifilheim Empire. Off in the distance was a castle and a red pillar.

Y/n: Gather the troops and prepare to move out. Wait for my command, and if anyone spots Daemons or Magitek soldiers, let me know.

The Ctownsguard saluted and ran off. You and Saiko gathered the other members of your group and went to meet Bowser, who brought his own army.

Y/n: I'm glad that you managed to bring some support Bowser.

Bowser: Anything for one of my friends. Oh, by the way, a present that I had Kamek make.

He took your hand and placed something in the palm of your hand. It was a ring, actually it was almost a perfect replica of the Ring of The Lucii.

Bowser: It may not be as powerful as the actual ring, but it should work properly.

You nod and smile at the King Koopa.

Y/n: Thank you Bowser, this means a lot.

Putting the ring on, you feel a surge of magic, some of your magic returning. After making sure that everyone was ready, Mario and Luigi hilding there hammers, Bowser flexing, Tari loading Cerberus, and Saiko spinning her hammer around. Remembering something for Meggy, Desti and SMG4, you called for your "special case".
After receiving it, you called them over.

Desti: Another present?

Y/n: Yes, but only because ink and memes won't work here. So I specifically designed these to prove useful against The soldiers and Daemons.

You open the case, revealing three revolvers.

Y/n: I call them silver-heart. The bullets are infused with holy magic, and are .45 colt bullets. So... be careful with the recoil.

They took the guns and inspected them, feeling the weight and the aim.

Meggy: How do you know how to make guns?

Y/n: When you travel the world for three years, you kinda learn some things.

With everyone set and ready to go, you and your army begin to march forward. As you moved, you always felt like something was watching you. You would see eyes looking at you from the shadows, and the silence of the ruins didn't help with the paranoia. Some people started freaking out a little, but a soft smack from the person next to them would calm them down.

Y/n: Anyone see anything!?

Luigi: Nothing east!

Saiko: Clear west!

Bob: If there was anything behind us, we would have known.

Y/n: Yeah cause you'd probably be screaming like a little bitch.

The quiet laughter from Meggy and Desti were proof that you did indeed say that out loud. Reaching the old, beyond rusted remains of Magitek, you took that as a sign that you were reaching your destination. Coming to an overpass, you quickly warp above it and scanned the area. The long road you came from, that red glow turning out to be a shield, and buildings on both sides.

This little plan Ardyn had was mediocre. You would've thought that he put more obstacles or puzzles in your way. Then it hit you. He knew you were coming so he set this up. Warping back down, you gather everyone around and explain.

Y/n: Alright, Ardyn most likely has an ambush set up for us. So I want him to think we fell for it, I have a plan.

You reach into your soul and call out.

Bahamut: Y/n, your fight is soon. Are you ready?

Y/n: Almost. But there is most likely going to be an ambush. Can the other gods help?

Bahamut: Of course. Let us know when you are ready.

You nod and walk out into the streets. And, to your surprise and an ambush, came out from the buildings and behind you. You however smile and close your eyes, opening them to reveal a green glow as your raise your sword to the sky.

Y/n: Let the final battle... commence!