Chapter 34: Trial of Bahamut

A white light shot from the human form of Bahamut, blinding everyone. Once your vision was cleared, you looked around the arena, but he was not where he was. Suddenly, powerful wings were heard overhead as a massive dragon descend from the sky.

Bahamut: Show me the extent of your might, and the depth of your courage.

Bahamut then released a mighty roar that shook the island. However, you didn't falter. You stood your ground and summoned your sword, ready for your last trial. You heard everyon cheering for you. From your your group to the last Inkling that was freed.

Y/n: I'm ready Bahamut. Let's go!

With that, you charged towards Bahamut. He tried to slow your advance by launching green fireballs, but you warped past everyone of them. Once close enough, you warped up in front of Bahamut and began your assault.

You know that no matter what you used, but as long as you showed your might and courage, you'd pass, right? Bahamut spun around and hit you with his tail, causing you to hit the invisible force field of the barrier.

Groaning in pain as you got back up yo your feet, Bahamut started breathing in deeply. During your sparring sessions with Bowser, you know exactly what this means, so you quickly summon the Shield of The Just and planted it down, hiding behind it. The intensity of the flames were much greater however, and you had to put a hand on the shield itself to keep it from being pushed back, causing you to burn your hand on the metal.

Meanwhile as the fight was going on, Desti had a few questions.

Desti: So what happened after I died?

Meggy: Y/n got really pissed.

Tari: Like, insanely angry. He still seemed calm, but you could see the fury in his eyes.

Saiko: Against everything, he activated Armiger and decimated every clone that was sent at him. Eggman escaped, but Francis...

Desti began to look around for that spineless bastard.

Meggy: If you're looking for him, you won't find him. Y/n kinda already killed him. And what's with SMG3 over there? Why'd he untie you?

Desti: He didn't want to be the bad guy anymore. Actually, he became a therapist.

Saiko: That's surprising.

Back with the fight between you and Bahamut, you dodged every swipe of Bahamut's claws and the swinging of his tail. Finding an opening, you warp up and bring out the Axe of The Conqueror. Using its weight, you swing it down and slam the blade into Bahamut's back. A roar of pain came from the dragon and he began spinning around while flying up, beams of energy shoot in ng everywhere.

While you were busy dodging those, you didn't see Bahamut charging another attack until it was too late. Three beams exited Bahamut's maw and seemed to go in different directions on the ground. You tried to avoid the, but it was futile, as once Bahamut was done, explosions followed the path each beam took. Everyone was worried as the arena was filled with smoke, until it cleared away, showing you had activated Armiger once more.

Launching every Royal Arm at Bahamut, they each hit him and then went in a specific direction. Taking your sword in hand, you warped between each weapon and attacked Bahamut at speeds that would put Sonic to shame. Pulling back after your assault, you sent the Arms at him again, this time raining from the sky and turning the ground to a glass like form underneath him. A blade of light extended from your sword as you swung it overhead, cutting into Bahamut, and once the blade hit the glass, an explosion of light enveloped the dragon.

Once the light faded, Bahamut landed on the ground, not exactly hurt, but as a sign of surrender.

Bahamut: You have done well my young friend.

As light once again enveloped Bahamut, the green fire disappeared. Bahamut was once again in his human form and he walked up to you.

Bahamut: Come here.

You walk up to him and he places a hand on your chest. You feel something shatter, and a surge of power went through you.

Bahamut: With this you have passed my final trial. The seal keeping your powers back has been broken. Shortly, you will be able to communicate with Somnus and Noctis once more. Using your full powers will no longer be life-threatening.

He walked over to your group and smiled at them.

Bahamut: And I must also thank all of you. You kept Y/n on the right path, and gave him a reason to keep going. Please, continue to take care of him.

Desti walked over and gave you a smirk.

Desti: Oh, I'm sure that witnessing my death was a very traumatizing experience. After this is all over, I'll be sure to take extra care of him~

She put an arm behind your back. Unseen by anyone else though, the hand that belonged to said arm reached down and squeezed your ass.

Desti: next time, I'm on top.

No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't stop the blush appearing on your face. She laughed at your reaction and kissed your cheek before going back to the others. Bahamut walked up to you once more.

Bahamut: Also, I would like you to have this.

He holds his hand out, and a small green light hovered over his hand.

Bahamut: This is a piece of my soul. With this, you can enter a state of God-hood. Even more powerful than King's Wrath.

You nodded and took the soul piece. As the power surged through you, you had one last question.

Y/n: So now we take the fight to Ardyn, correct?

Bahamut: Yes. He has made his base at the ruins of the Nifilheim Empire. Good luck Y/n and may you find victory.

You loaded everyone onto the ship and made your way back to the Kingdom, ready to get your army together for the final battle.