Chapter 18: Scared

From the moment you woke up, you trained. This is how things have been for the past few days. Training by yourself, training with Noctis, or the others. You had to, since Titan would show up at any minute. However, your training was worse than Meggy's. While she would go too hard on you and the others during her sessions for the Splatfest, you would just go on to the brink of passing out. Sometimes you did. The others had to drag you out of some situations. Like how a few days ago Tari had to drag you out of the pond as you passed out and tumbled down the hill and into the water.

But after you recovered, you went back to training. Of course you still spent time with everyone, just not like you used to. But one thought made you stop in your tracks. You're neglecting your lovers. You brushed them aside a lot over the past few days. You stopped training for the day and went back inside. You looked everywhere for Saiko and the others but you couldn't find them anywhere. Peach soon came into your vision so you asked her where they were.

Y/n: Hey, Peach? Where are Saiko and the others?

Peach: That is a good question. I don't know really, but I think they said something about heading into town for a bit.

Y/n: Alright, thank you.

You walk back to the living room and sit on the couch. You turn on the TV and just shuffle through channels, not really looking for anything to watch. After flipping for about ten minutes, Mario comes into the room.

Mario: Hey Y/n!

Y/n: Oh, hey Mario. What's up?

Mario quickly looked at his phone before looking back up at you.

Mario: Nothing much. Hey, could we talk outside real quick?

You're confused at the sudden request.

Y/n: Sure but, what's with the sudden request?

Mario: No reason.

You stand up and make your way outside, Mario following soon after. He took out his phone once more to show he got a message from Meggy.

Meggy: Could you get Y/n out of the castle for a while so we can get everything set up? We want this to be a surprise.

Mario: Alright, I'm giving you half an hour at most. Will that be enough time?

Meggy: That should be enough time. Thank you. Let me know when he's on his way back.

With you and Mario now outside walking around the castle, with Meggy and the others running into the castle bringing in boxes.

Mario: So what's had you down in the dumps?

Y/n: Its just...I'm going to fight a god here in a few days. All I've done is train, and I have been ignoring the others and neglecting them. All I've done is worry them by pushing myself to exhaustion.

Mario takes a look at your face, seeing you distraught expression. He felt bad for you and everything that is going on.

Y/n: I'm just scared. What if I can't do this? What if I'm not as powerful as I lead myself to believe. Sometimes I think, why me? Why did it have to be my village that was attacked? Why was it me who was healed and given Bahamut's power? Why can't my life had been normal?

You then look up to the sky.

Y/n: Then I remember that if I wasn't healed, I wouldn't have been able to meet any of you. What I fear most is that I won't be able to protect everybody. When Titan shows up, I know everyone in the city will look to me to help them, and I know I can't save everyone.