Chapter 27: Summoning The Hydrean

You walk over to Tari, who was sitting against the wall. She looked up at you as you put your hand on her shoulder.

Y/n: That was an excellent shot Tari, good job.

Tari: I just saw it and I wanted to be useful.

Y/n: You've always been useful. But if you want, you can keep the rifle and use it when I need help.

She stood up and saluted, giving you a big smile.

Tari: You can count on me!

Y/n: I know I can.

You give her a kiss and lead her over to the others. Once everyone has calmed down, you told them the plan.

Y/n: Alright everyone, today, everyone take sometime and rest. Tomorrow, we head to Inkopolis to summon Leviathan. We will have Titan, Ramuh, and Leviathan on our side. After that... I don't really know to be quite honest. I guess we'll just wait and see what happens.

Everyone agreed and went to rest or pack up. You went to the bathroom to make sure that you didn't have any injuries. Taking your shirt off, there was a deep cut, you guess it was made when you tried to block one of the thrusts and didn't notice due to the adrenaline.

You heard a knock on the door and heard Desti's voice.

Desti: Y/n, are you in there?

Y/n: Yeah, do you need to use it?

Desti: No, I'm just making sure your okay.

You tried once again to put the cotton ball covered in alcohol on the wound, but the pain is too much.

Y/n: Actually, I could use some help in here, if you don't mind

Desti opens the door and gasps when she sees your wound. She rushes over and sits you down on the edge of the tub. She took the cotton ball from your hands.

Desti: Did you wash it out first?

Y/n: No, guess I skipped that part.

She looks up at you.

Desti: Really? How did you survive alone for three years?

Y/n: Because I only went up against simple minded Fiends, and the occasional Daemon. Not ancient Magitek Infantry units from an Empire that fell hundreds ago and now being rebuilt for the sole purpose of killing me.

Desti: I... guess you have a point there.

She gets a washcloth and puts soap and some water on it. She gently cleans the cut. After she got done with that, she grabbed the cotton ball again and put it next to the cut.

Desti: Are you ready?

You prepare yourself and after taking a few deep breaths, you nod. When she put the ball on the wound, you suck in a breath as the alcohol did its work. After she was done with that, she stitched it up.

Desti: Alright, be careful with that. Glad we're taking an easy day, huh?

Y/n: I am. I'm also glad I checked if I had any injuries to begin with.

Desti: I'm sorry. We just stood there, we should have-

You place a hand on her shoulder, making her stop and to look at you.

Y/n: There's no need to apologize. It happened, and it's done. And, we have a new sharpshooter out of it.

Desti: Yeah, that's true. Hey Y/n.

Y/n: What's up?

Desti: Once this is all over, what's going to happen? No, nevermind, it's too early and I don't want anything else bugging you.