Chapter 38: The Fate of The World

When the two swords collided, it created a shockwave that shook the ground and caused nearby buildings to break. Everyone was blown back by the force, and some of the Daemons tried to help their master, but they were quickly dispatched when the swords that made your wings broke away and flew to the enemies, impaling them and killing them before they got close.

Mario: Mama Mia.

Meggy: You can say that again.

Saiko: All that destruction from one attack.

Desti: It's too dangerous here, we need to move or we'll end up like those Daemons!

Tari: She's right, Y/n can do this by himself. Any Daemons that try to harm him will end up like the ones that just tried.

Everyone agreed and made their way to find cover from the battle. As the ran, the four girls looked back at you, praying that you win this fight.

Ardyn: So, you have made a pact with Bahamut, like I made one with Ifrit.

Y/n: One of us will fall here. The strongest will survive.

Ardyn: And the weakest will die.

The two of you broke your hold and pushed each other back. Ardyn sent a large fireball your way, but you launched yourself upward. Your ascent came to an abrupt stop when Ardyn grabbed the tail coming off of your armor and threw you. Crashing against the wall, you see a few Daemons following up.

Y/n: Why is there a tail on this armor?

Without looking, you subconsciously throw your swords into the enemies. You look up, seeing Ardyn coming down towards you with his sword raised. You duck under the attack and punch him in the stomach launching him through a building. You immediately launch yourself forward, not letting him catch his footing as he tries he get up. You try to impale him, but he rolls out of the way, swiping at your legs. You jumped and tried to do an overhead slash, but it was blocked.

You both jumped away from one another again, catching your breaths. Ardyn raises a hand to the sky as fire begins to rain down. As the balls of fire rain down, you slash at the ones that came towards you.

~~~~~

Meanwhile, the others were running from a group of Magitek troops. Tari turned and fired, destroying two of them and damaging one other. Saiko smashed a unit into the ground, destroying its entire body.

Meggy: They just keep coming!

Luigi: There's no end to them!

Desti: We need to find Eggman, he's the one behind these things!

Saiko: Desti's right. Find Eggman and make him shut these things down.

And so the group split up to try and find the deranged doctor.

~~~~~

You and Ardyn stared each other down, breathing heavily. Your helmet was knocked off during one of your clashes.

Ardyn: This is the end, boy.

As he said that, the flames around him began to burn bigger and brighter.

Ardyn: I will burn this place down, burn your friends, then take your corpses back to Insomnia for all to see!

He then unleashes a large explosion. You activate Armiger to try and absorb most of the attack. The blast sent you flying into one of the last remaining buildings. As the building collapsed on top of you, the fire faded away. When Ardyn didn't see you, he smiled thinking he had won. But when the rubble began to move, his smile faded, and his face turned into shock when you shot up into the sky.