four

{Rundown}

"Now for the ground rules." Jimin began, shoving his hands into the pockets of his loosely fitted jeans. His thumbs were still poking out the top, the pockets too narrow to fit his entire hand. His expression was flat, voice unwavering as he began to speak. 

Standing in front of him, Jungkook kept a steady composure. He stood shoulder width the part, one hand placed against his hip whilst the other hung by his side. The blood from his cut had now dried over his palm, the red still blindingly visible for anyone to see, but Jungkook couldn't care less about cleaning up a small cut right now, he'd had far worse injuries to care about something so minor. Jimin on the other hand shrivelled up his nose in disgust at the sight of blood over their pristine white fluffy carpeting, the glass from the smashed vase still littered over the living room floor. 

Letting out a tired sigh, Jimin ran a hand through his silky orange locks, a noticeable habit of his, "Seeing as you're technically still a threat, you're not to leave this house without another member of our gang." he noted, earning a nod of acknowledgement from the brunette. 

Jimin continued to explain, "We have three golden rules in this house." he spoke, slipping a hand out from his pocket as he held up three fingers, beginning to pace backwards and forth around the living room. Namjoon and Yoongi had left the room, leaving Jimin to carry out the painfully boring ground rules, "One... never withhold information, that means that whilst you're here you are to give us any helpful information on the Jeon family." Jimin paused in his steps, raising a brow under his tousled bangs, "Understood?"

"Sure." Jungkook shrugged, not surprised that Bangtan wanted information out of him. 

Jimin folded down a finger, leaving two left, "Two... Always be at Namjoon's beck-and-call. Whenever he needs you to do something, you do it." he instructed, folding down yet another finger, "And three... never kill the innocent."

"Yeah sure-" Jungkook paused for a moment, going over Jimin's sentence again in his head before his eyes grew wide, "Wait... what!?"

Letting out a snicker, Jimin gave a sarcastic bow, the corner of his lip rising into a sly smirk as his eyes locked dangerously with Jungkook's. "Welcome to the secret gang of Bangtan, the only gang in all of South Korea to protect other people from gangs." he confessed, "We fight fire with fire sweetie." he winked

Surprised, Jungkook's brows knit together, "No fucking way... no wonder my dad was so uptight on Namjoon's movements." he commented, recalling how every time Jungkook found himself stumbling into his father's office, there was always an array of different profiles pinned up against his cork board. They changed on a regular basis, some being crossed out with a red 'x' whilst others were torn down, scrunched up and cast aside, tossed like mere trash. Amongst the different red strings attached to the profile pictures, the newspaper clippings, sightings and documents, only one picture caught Jungkook's attention. Namjoon's. No matter how much time passed, Namjoon's picture was never torn from the board, clues limited to only a couple of sightings. His father was no doubt searching for Bangtan... for reasons unknown that is. 

Jimin simply let out a scoff, "Of course he would be, we're a gang that's always on the low down. Not sure why he'd target us specifically, but who knows... maybe we messed with his men one time." He shrugged, brushing it off almost as if it were just another gang. But Jungkook knew better then to think that way... Bangtan had no idea what they were getting themselves into. 

Wordlessly, Jimin gestured for Jungkook to follow him out of the living room, strolling casually out into the main foyer of the mansion. The carpet soon transferred into polished marble flooring underfoot, the footsteps of both Jimin and Jungkook seemingly echoing throughout the rest of the house as they made their way to the centre of the room. Before them stood the massive staircase, cascading from two angles from the second story. A chandelier hung from the ceiling like a bejewelled masterpiece, sparkling above their heads.