fifteen

{newest member of the family}

Awkwardly, Jungkook made his way past Taehyung and Hoseok, stepping into the main foyer of the mansion. Although he had been here countless times over the past week, he couldn't shake the feeling of this being something different. Like something a lot more serious then just visiting every so often. The members were trusting him not to leak information, to not steal or spy. It seemed as though they were all warming up to the idea of Jungkook being serious about wanting to start fresh... probably because his family tattoo was finally covered up, which is a serious offence to the Jeons. Yoongi could even get killed for covering up such a thing. 

Behind him, Hoseok closed the front door, locking it before he turned to Jungkook. Taehyung hung around as well, deciding that whatever was happening was probably more interesting then the television show he was watching in the room over. 

With a slight smirk, Hoseok turned to face the younger, "So... something must've happened i'm guessing. I'm certain someone's heart-rate doesn't skyrocket that high when they're sick."

Taehyung frowned, shoving another handful of chips into his mouth, "Heart-rate?"

Scoffing, Jungkook placed a hand against his hip, "I'm not spilling anything, not unless its life threatening to the gang." he confessed, not surprising Hoseok with his words. Jungkook seriously would tell Bangtan of his father, but only if he was sure that his father was onto them. For now, Jungkook could still tell that he was under the radar. "But out of curiosity..." Jungkook swallowed thickly, "how high was my heart-rate?"

Running a hand through his hair, Hoseok let out a sigh, "160."

"Fuck that's high!" Taehyung shout, "Panic attack levels are usually 120-130... you were basically on the verge of a cardiac arrest!"

Jungkook groaned, "I'm fine, trust me... I was just unwell."

Whilst Hoseok pushed no further on the matter, Taehyung couldn't help but frown, taking another chip from his packet as he continued to eye Jungkook with suspicion. There was one thing that bugged Taehyung more then anything, and that was withheld information. He was the teams lure, the one person who could use their charms to make anyone speak and reveal all their deepest and darkest secrets. 

Taehyung saw this as a mission almost. 

"Make yourself comfortable then." Hoseok said, turning on his heels as he waved the pair off, "I'll send Namjoon down to greet you, I'm heading off to bed."

"Damn." Taehyung spoke up, watching as the raven haired male ascended the stairs, "It's rare for Hoseok to feel comfortable falling asleep."

"Almost like he's slipping." A new voice spoke up. Jungkook turned his head over Taehyung's shoulder, watching as Yoongi strolled into the room. Unlike most of the time, Yoongi wasn't wearing his famous black cap, revealing his snow white hair underneath, "No one was given a mission today, and Hoseok didn't track anyone.... this is the one time where we need to be on alert, but it almost seems as if we're slacking off?"

"Calm down Yoongi." Namjoon's voice erupted, the male making his way down the staircase and into the foyer, "I'm sure Hoseok's planning something, and if he doesn't take action, I'll send you out on a mission tomorrow." he explained, cooly and calmly like a true leader. "I'm just as concerned as everyone else here." He paused, turning his attention to Jungkook. The brunette stood there, tightening his grip on the strap of his backpack as he locked eyes with the leader. To his surprise, Namjoon's expression softened, "It's good to have you Jungkook."

Jungkook gave a tight lipped smile, "I'll make myself useful now that I'm officially here." he began to speak, deciding it would be best for him to work alongside them, "I specialise in close combat and I'm pretty darn good with a gun."