forty six

{broken mess}

Hurrying through the sliding glass doors, Namjoon sped walked into the emergency ward of the hospital. Biting his nail between his teeth, his eyes roamed over the numerous patients, some with broken bones and others curled in discomfort. He pulled his eyes away, boots thumping over the spotless white tiled floor as he made his way towards the front desk. 

Something else however caught his attention before he reached the check in, a familiar raven haired male leaning against the wall of the waiting room. It was Seokjin, the male in a dishevelled state. 

Turning on his feet, Namjoon stomped his way over to the male, watching as Seokjin's gaze lifted to meet with his own. Namjoon stopped in front of him, noticing the small scratches that littered his face. He reached forwards as he gently took a hold of Seokjin's shoulders, "Are you alright?"

Letting out a groan, Seokjin brought the icepack away from the corner of his eye, revealing the nasty bruise flourishing underneath, "Yeah," he muttered, a dark expression painted over his face, "Bloody bastards stormed the parlour asking for Yoongi-"

"-Did you tell them where he was-"

"Of course not!" Seokjin hissed as he placed the icepack back against his face, "I didn't tell them jack shit." He sighed, "As a result I got quite the beating."

Namjoon's expression softened as his hands slipped off Seokjin's shoulders, sliding them into his pockets instead as his lips twisted into a frown, "But if Hoseok told us all to meet here at the hospital... and you're okay then who-"

The sounds of gasps alerted both Namjoon and Seokjin to the horrified stares of the hospital staff as the sound of the automatic doors opening pulled their attention to the front. It was almost as if the entire world had stopped as an all too familiar orange haired male stumbled through those doors, carrying none other then Min Yoongi.

Seokjin had to clasp a hand over his mouth as a wave of nausea washed over him, his pupils shaking as he tensed at the horrifying sight. Namjoon too had to take a step back, words leaving him as he stared at the bloody scene. 

Cradled protectively in Jimin's arms Yoongi was unconscious and bleeding. His clothing was soaked to the bone in the red substance and even Jimin was covered in nothing but blood. It was in Yoongi's hair, on his side, his legs, rolling off his fingertips and dripping over the polished white floor of the hospital. Oh God the sight was enough to make anyone physically sick as Jimin took one weak step after another, his tears mixing into the blood as he only managed to let out a crying scream, "PLEASE!"

Namjoon couldn't will himself to move, as if stuck underwater, everything was slow and warbled as both nurses and doctors abandoned their posts to come to Jimin's aid. They frantically pulled Yoongi from his arms, loading him onto a stretcher with frantic yells, orders and gestures before a team wheeled him off down towards surgery. 

Jimin just stood there, lifting his bloody hands in front of his face as his wide eyes just stared in horror. Tears continued to roll down his cheeks but his expression was almost blank as his mind caught up to the present moment, the adrenaline finally leaving him and allowing for more emotions then ever to race through him. Namjoon and Seokjin finally willed themselves to move as Jimin collapsed to his knees letting out a cry. 

He didn't break quietly, it was like every atom of his being screamed in unison, traumatised that things could end this way. When the wracking sobs passed he cried in such a desolate way that no-one could bare to listen for long. Jimin didn't even bring his face out of his hands as Namjoon reached his side, crouching down in front of him as he took a firm hold of his shoulders, "WHAT HAPPENED!?" It seemed Namjoon was more worked up about the situation then he thought, not being able to control his fear and anger.