thirteen

{family ties}

Under the dove grey sky the colours of the city seemed rather bleak. Each hue was darker and richer then before, the crowd of city goers snug in their red, yellow or blue winter coats being the only pop of colour. Jungkook lifted his head to the wind, eyes open for the softly lit day. The winter sun took centre stage as the afternoon drove on, and Jungkook found himself making his way downtown to the B-ink tattoo parlour. 

He had heard from Jimin that Yoongi and himself weren't on a mission today, so if he wanted his coverup... today was the best day seeing as Yoongi was unexpectedly free. 

Exposed fingers wrapped around a cup of warm cocca, Jungkook soaked in the rays of the sunlight as he continued to head through the busy city streets. Eventually the crowd thinned out as he made it to the smaller streets where the soft light of a familiar neon sign glowed against the icy puddles outside. 

Making his way to the store, Jungkook pushed open the glass door, eyes drifting over to meet with both Yoongi and Jimin. Whilst Jimin tapped his pen against the front counter in thought, Yoongi wore a bored expression, probably confused as to why he wasn't out on a mission in such a time of trouble. 

Jimin's eyes rose from his papers, a soft smile spreading over his face as he brushed his faded orange hair from his eyes, "Hey, right on time."

Jungkook gave a nod, "Lets just get this over with." he sighed, walking up to the front counter. 

Yoongi moved aside as Jungkook began to fill out some paperwork, "I guess I'm the one covering up the tattoo... if its okay with you, I'm going to incorporate the roses into the design and cover up the serpent with a couple of stems, vines and leaves to compliment the flowers." Yoongi explained flatly, but Jungkook could see that the male was slightly concerned about covering up a notorious gang tattoo.

Jungkook wasn't worried in the slightest, he wanted the thing off of his skin for years, and to be honest, he couldn't care less about what design would cover it up. "That's fine with me." Jungkook smiled. 

Turning on his heels, Yoongi waved the pair off, "I'll go set everything up then." he said, disappearing into the back room. 

The scribbling of Jimin's pen filled the sudden silence as the male finished off the paper work, lifting his gaze to meet with Jungkook's, "Mind if I watch for a bit?" he asked, leaning forwards a little, "I really wanna see Yoongi's technique for coverups."

Jungkook shrugged, "Sure, I don't see why not."

"Cool." Jimin chirped, grinning as he made his way past the counter, gesturing for Jungkook to follow him down the small corridor of the parlour. Jungkook followed the shorter male down to the back room, rounding the corner and entering into Yoongi's studio. 

It was the only studio he hadn't yet seen. Unlike Jimin's which was simplistic, and Taehyung's which was a mess of colour, Yoongi's was quite bold. The walls were covered with graffiti designs, rough sketches pinned around the room in an unorganised fashion. Across his desk was open notebooks and sketchpads, and Jungkook was quick to spot the familiar design of his own Jeon tattoo. Yoongi had drawn over the sketch with his own design, one quiet delicate compared to his usual work. 

"Alright." Yoongi sounded, taking a seat in his chair, "I turned the heater on so you won't get cold, you can remove your coat."

Jungkook slipped his arms out from his long black duffle coat, handing it over to Jimin who was casually leaning against the door. Jungkook then took off his sweater underneath, leaving him in just a plain black t-shirt. 

His arms were once again exposed for the world to see. Yoongi and Jimin couldn't help but stare at his sleeve of ink, their gaze trailing down his arm. Jungkook found his eyes wonder down his arm too, studying the tattoo he hated most. The delicate design of a serpent twisting over roses caused a shiver to run down the back of his spine, this was the tattoo that started all of his trouble, the tattoo he almost stabbed in a fit of rage. Ripping his eyes away from the design, Jungkook took a seat on the tattoo bed, holding out his arm, "Just put the stencil on and finish it already."