fifty two

{perfectly imperfect}

Under the cover of darkness, Jungkook stood by Taehyung's side, the both of them leaning up against the car in the hospital carpark. 

In the silence, Jungkook could hear the wind sweeping around him, snatching the cold air and sending him into a shiver. It tousled and tangled his already messy hair and Jungkook knew that he was probably due for a hair wash, neglecting his wellbeing over the past week due to a mixture of exhaustion and stress. 

Slipping his lighter out from his pocket, Jungkook brought a cigarette up to his mouth, holding it between his lips. He flicked down against the lighter, cupping the flame as he lit the end, taking a long drag before exhaling the smoke into the crisp night time air. 

From beside him, Taehyung swatted a hand in front of his face, nose crinkling in disgust, "I didn't know you smoked?"

Jungkook slowly brought the cigarette back up to his lips, drawing in a breath before exhaling the smoke once more. He heaved a sigh, eyes flickering to the sky above, "That's because I usually don't."

He wasn't lying. 

He really didn't smoke all too often. 

But at this stage Jungkook was stressed as fuck and nothing could draw his mind away from the task at hand. 

Less then a few minutes ago the gang was gathered in Yoongi's hospital room, discussing the plan for the Banquet. After throwing opinions back and forth they decided that Jungkook should still attend the Banquet after all. That it would be better if Jungkook was actually seen assassinating the boss in plain sight, like some crazy grand gesture. 

It was a risky move, one that could go right or horribly wrong, so Jungkook just had to put his faith in Bangtan. His own brain was now a violent hurricane, trying to organise the chaos in his life. Everything was changing, and he couldn't tell if it was for the better or worse...

As if his thoughts were heard out loud, Jungkook found his breath falling short when he felt the cigarette leave his lips. He quickly turned his gaze to the male beside him, pausing when he read Taehyung's expression. 

Shoulders slumped, lips twisted into a frown, Taehyung pulled the cigarette away, tossing it to the ground as he stepped on the glowing end. He sighed, eyes flickering up to meet with Jungkook's unreadable expression. "You're not alone in all of this you know." he began to speak, leaning back on the car once again, "We're all in the same boat here. Whether it sinks or floats won't change the fact that i'll still be here with you."

Jungkook's eyes grew wide, "I'm sorry-"

"Quit it with the sorry's would you, it's getting kinda tiring." Taehyung muttered, lips pursing into a thin line, "Look, I get that the situation we're in isn't the best... but Bangtan would've run into trouble with the Jeons with or without you." Taehyung paused for a moment before his lips lifted into the smallest of smiles, "I'm just glad that you're on our side at least."

Biting down on his lower lip, Jungkook pushed himself off the car, standing in front of Taehyung instead, "Still, let me apologise for the other day... I didn't mean for you to get roped up with my father-"

"I should be sorry..." Taehyung said, "I was so caught up in everything that was happening, that I didn't even check if you were feeling okay." With slow and careful movements, Taehyung lifted his hand to Jungkook's face, lightly tracing his fingers over the small cuts that littered the male's skin. His touch was almost like electricity, trailing down where it paused on the side of Jungkook's busted lip, "You're not perfect..." He paused, swallowing thickly before they made eye contact, "But I really like you Jungkook."