twenty one

{uninvited guest}

Regaining his composure, Hoseok cast his gaze to the cloudless sky. The silvery glow of the moon illuminated his skin, the stars above reflecting in eyes as he softened his expression. "I had a feeling it was the Jeons." he confessed, earning looks of concern from the rest of the group. Jungkook especially, his head hung low as he listened to Hoseok continue, "They're the only security system I can't break into... I guess it only makes sense this way." he sighed, gaze trailing down from the sky as he locked eyes with Namjoon. 

Giving a small smile of reassurance, Namjoon gave a nod in understanding. It was only himself, Seokjin and Yoongi who knew the truth behind that night, that it was more then just a murder. Hoseok had described the scene in detail, shuddering as he remembered the lack of blood. The body had been dropped there, his sister had been involved in gang activity for sure. But Namjoon could never pin point exactly what his sister, Eunha Jung, had gotten involved in for certain. 

So thats why when Jungkook asked about the murder, Hoseok replied by simply saying his sister was shot... that was all. 

"Right." Taehyung spoke up, placing his hands against his hips. He decided to cut the grim conversation short by focusing on the real situation, "What the hell are we supposed to do now?" he asked, furrowing his brows, "The Jeons hacked into our security systems and found our base... we can't just stay here. We're pretty much sitting ducks!"

"Taehyung's right." Jungkook added, firmly crossing his arms over his chest, "I know my father, and he stops at nothing to get what he wants."

"So then what do you suggest?" Yoongi spoke, finding the whole situation way to stressful for him, "Go into hiding our whole lives!?" he scoffed, rolling his eyes, "Sorry, but we've only got three options right now; fight, run away, or die."

Jimin nudged Yoongi against the shoulder, "Not necessary Yoon."

"He's kinda right though." Taehyung added, "This is the Jeons we're talking about, without our security systems and base, we're defenceless!"

"Everyone shut up!" Seokjin exclaimed, silencing the rest of the group with his raised tone of voice. Everyone froze as they turned to listen to Seokjin's words, "We can't fight now... thats not an option, and Yoongi-" he turned towards the blonde haired man with a frown, "No one's dying on my watch." he paused before he continued, "I suggest for now we just go into hiding, we can think of something to fight back against the Jeons..." his words trailed off when he found his hands beginning to shake, his stern voice not matching his nerves on the inside. Seokjin knew that they were in a dire situation, unless there was some kind of miracle, Bangtan was going up in flames. 

Noticing Seokjin's shudder, Jungkook let out a sigh, stepping forwards as he tried his best to reassure the group, "The Jeons won't find us if we spread out... if we hide well enough, we'll have enough time to bounce back and think of a plan of attack." he slipped his hands in his pockets, "I know you're all aware that the Jeons are unbeatable, and yeah, for the most part they are... but" he paused, drawing in a cold breath of air, "If we can take down my father, the syndicate will crumble without their successor... me."

The group fell into silence as they absorbed Jungkook's suggestion. He was right. At this very moment they needed to hide... especially Hoseok. 

"I'll suggest this for now." Namjoon spoke up, grabbing the group's attention as he stood tall, "Jimin and Yoongi, you sleep over at the tattoo parlour. They haven't found the store, therefore it should be safe for business." he suggested, earning a shrug from Jimin and an eye roll from Yoongi. Namjoon proceeded to speak, "Hoseok can stay with Seokjin and I, Taehyung, you can go back to Jungkook's apartment."

Jungkook swallowed thickly, "That isn't a problem." He said, forming a tight lipped smile. He shouldn't have any reason to be afraid, his father wasn't after him. 

After making a collective decision, the group decided to head back into the mansion to at least gather their belongings. 

Making their way through the entrance, Hoseok began to cough as dust stirred in the air. They treaded over the wooden door that now lay against the chipped marble floor of the foyer, cursing at the amount of damage that had been done. 

After their eyes examined the room, that's when Taehyung saw it. He made his way slowly over to the left wall of the foyer, narrowing his eyes as he examined the writing left on the wall. "Hey guys..." he spoke up, gesturing towards the text, "Over here."

Hoseok was next to move in that direction, quickly making it to Taehyung's side after stepping over shards of broken glass and splintered wood. His gaze fell over the messily scribbled words, mouth going dry as he read the message aloud, "Jung Hoseok, five years ago you took on your sister's debt. After disappearing off the grid, we had no way of reaching you, but now we've found you, in Bangtan. If the debt is not repaid by the yearly crime syndicate banquet, we will be taking matters into our own hands. The choice is yours."

Taehyung took a step back, "That's only two months."

"Lets face it." Yoongi groaned, reaching the pair's side, "They're just gonna try to kill us anyways." he paused, staring at the writing on the wall for a good few seconds before his lips fell into a frown, his eyebrow piercing lifting as he turned to face Hoseok, "Why did she owe them money anyway?"

Hoseok parted his lips to speak but was soon interrupted by a new voice, 

a female voice. 

"I can explain that." a girl spoke, and just as fast as those words left her pretty little lips the gang had turned towards her in fright. Seokjin and Namjoon stepped back as Jimin rose his fists out in front of him, Jungkook did the same, moving to Jimin's side within seconds. From the wall Yoongi rested his hands over his twin pair of guns, Taehyung and Hoseok just stopping to stare. 

Through the dust and smog emerged a petite girl, her legs clad in leggings as she stood confidently. Her long bouncy chestnut hair was swept over her back, small strands spiralling out of control, framing her gorgeous face. She crossed her arms over her chest, not flinching at Bangtan's defensive stance as she took yet another step forwards. 

She then stopped centre foyer, illuminated by the overhead light of the chandelier as she let out a drastic sigh. Her dainty fingers curled around the hem of her shirt, slightly lifting it up to reveal the fine line tattoo spiralling up the side of her torso. It was a collection of Daisies, the stems and leaves spiralling together against her smooth skin. She spoke again, "I'm Daisy Lee," She rolled her shirt back down, "A gang member." she confessed. 

Yoongi's hands were quick to slip away from his handguns, Jimin and Jungkook both lowering their fists as they stared wide eyed at the girl in front of them. 

Letting out a snort, Yoongi was the one to step forwards, running a hand through his hair as he narrowed his sharp feline eyes at the girl, "And what other gang in the city is there?" he snickered, finding it amusing how such a petite girl was somehow a member of a gang.

Daisy paused, letting the silence drone on for a few seconds before a smirk worked its way to her lips, 

"District Unknown sweetie~"

-----------------------------------------------

{Author Note}

Omg so over one week 2 cases of the virus have been confirmed within a 5 minute drive radius of where I live... one is from my local shopping mall and I'm super scared to go shopping now. Stay safe guys! x