forty eight

{conscious}

Softly, slowly, the darkness began to fade away. Making way to the light as Yoongi found his eyes beginning to flicker open. They felt heavy, so he had to open and close them a few times as he shed the unconsciousness from his brain to allow for the visions of the darkness to give way to the day. 

It only took a few seconds before he felt the warm rays of the sun cast down over his face, adjusting his eyes as they tried to focus on the blurry hospital scene. As he rose from his heavy slumber he was first aware of the coolness of the air and its loamy fragrance. The bed underneath him was soft, and his clothes felt comfortable. 

He half wondered if he was still dreaming until he rose an arm weakly to shield his eyes, and that's when he heard the sound of the IV tube run over the blankets as he brought up his hand. Now he was awake, struggling with little energy to hold his hand in front of him as he studied the needle wedged into his skin. 

He let his hand fall against his chest, finding it too hard to lift for any longer. His eyes were set on the blank ceiling, the beeping of his heart monitor flooding his senses as he let out a breath, "I'm... not dead?" His breath came out raspy and broken. 

So weak that from across the room Namjoon almost didn't hear it. 

Namjoon flinched, slowly turning his gaze to the male in the hospital bed. His eyes grew wide as he stood from his seat, staring for a moment before making his way to the bedside. He was at a loss for words, staring down at a fully conscious male as Yoongi gave a weak gesture, "Yo." Yoongi uttered, and Namjoon couldn't help but let out a drastic sigh. 

"God," He drew in a breath, "This is such a relief." 

Yoongi found his lips parting in surprise as Namjoon dropped his head, holding on tightly to the side of the hospital bed. He'd never seen his leader so relieved in his life... so his injuries must've been serious-

The moment between them didn't last long, the door to the room opening up as a female nurse accompanied by a male doctor strut their way inside. In their hands were clipboards and documents, the female nurse slightly bringing down her glasses as she gave Yoongi a smile of reassurance, "You've woken up." Her voice was very sweet, so Yoongi found himself at ease as the lady made her way to his bedside. 

Namjoon moved himself away, "Should I step out or-"

The male doctor turned towards him, "This'll only take a moment, we just need to do a quick check up." He made his way over to Yoongi's heart monitor, "You can wait outside for a few minutes, and then we'll call you back in."

"Sure." Namjoon uttered with a hint of annoyance as he turned towards the door, slipping outside before shutting it behind him. He let out a groan. How buggy this was. Yoongi had just woken up and he'd already been shooed out. 

So Namjoon waited, a nail drawn between his teeth as he tapped a foot impatiently against the tiled floor. He could already feel himself growing insane after spending two days straight in hospital, deciding it would be best to not leave Yoongi unattended incase of an emergency. 

Jimin stayed too, refusing to leave. It had taken Namjoon so much convincing to get Jimin to go grab some breakfast down at the hospital cafe this morning, the male having left only a few minutes before Yoongi had woken. Maybe Jimin would bring him back a coffee?

Slipping his hand into the pocket of his jeans, Namjoon fished out his phone, bring the device up to call Jimin but his actions were interrupted as the door to the room re-opened, the nurse sticking her head through with a soft smile, "You can come back in now."