thirty five

{coffee and cream}

The faint melody of jazz drifted throughout the cafe, the bitter aroma of coffee beans soothing to the senses as Jungkook cast his gaze out the front of the store. Taehyung and Jungkook sat on a table by the window, drinks in their hands as they sat in silence.

Sliding his hands around the mug, Jungkook felt the cold chill of the winter air be replaced by the warmth of the drink in his hands, slowly bringing the coffee to his lips as he took a small sip, lowering it again as he placed it back on the table. In the small cafe, Jungkook couldn't help but hold his breath, his knees almost touching Taehyung's under the narrow table. Holding the mug tighter in his hands Jungkook's gaze remained dwindling out the window. He wasn't going to give into this... nope. He was not going to let his eyes trail back over to the man sitting across from him because he knew for a fact he would probably fluster again. 

The way Taehyung absentmindedly stirred the cream into his iced coffee was so simply breathtaking, and the way his red tinted glasses rode low on the bridge of his nose was nothing short of attractive. Jungkook removed his elbows from the table as he sat a little straighter. From the corner of his eye he caught Taehyung brushing a loose strand of hair from his eyes, letting out a huff as it only fell back into place. Jungkook swallowed thickly, wanting ever so badly to reach out and fix it. 

He hadn't noticed it earlier, but he definitely had the hots for Taehyung. But he didn't know why it just hit him all of a sudden? Was it his reassuring words a couple of weeks ago? Maybe it was their deep conversation the other night? Perhaps when they accidentally fell asleep beside one another... or maybe he'd just felt this way all along? He couldn't quite put his finger on it...

"Kook?" Taehyung spoke up, causing Jungkook's eyes to snap away from the window, 

"Um... yeah?" He stammered, fidgeting with the handle of his coffee mug as he looked Taehyung dead in the eyes. 

The blue haired male sucked in a breath, earning a confused stare from the male seated across from him until Taehyung finally broke, snorting before breaking out into the loudest fit of laughter. "Geeze Kook!" He laughed, holding his stomach as he bent over in his seat, "I've never seen you so stiff!" He blurted out, earning disapproved glances from the other customers seated at surrounding tables. 

Taehyung calmed down, a wide grin still spread over his bright features as he leant back in his chair, "What's with you today?"

Jungkook's eyes grew wide before he diverted his gaze, "Nothing... just tired I guess."

Frowning, Taehyung continued to stir at his drink, "Is it about your father being in town?"

Jungkook shook his head, "No..."

"Then what is it?"

Pausing, Jungkook let out a breath, "It's seriously nothing." Jungkook smiled softly, bringing the mug to his lips as he took a longer sip of his coffee. 

With a disappointed expression, Taehyung let out a sigh, "Whatever you say..." he mumbled, bringing his lips to the straw as he began to drink his iced-coffee. 

Jungkook watched as Taehyung's eyes drifted over to behind the counter where a barista was working. Her dress hugged her form in all the right places, her mousy hair messily framing her face. Her freckles crinkled as she sent a smile to each customer and Jungkook found himself frowning, "Hey Taehyung..."

Taehyung's eyes didn't leave the girl, "Yeah?"

"What's with the girl?" He chuckled lowly, "Have the hots for her or something?"

Finally brining his attention away from the barista, Taehyung gave a light chuckle, lowering his glasses before completely taking them off, "I only have the hots for guys."