forty

{can't deny it}

It was a comfortable silence inside the tattoo parlour; Jimin typed away, mulling over his recent client whilst he sketched the design in his art book, something he insisted wasn't too serious but he adored the concept. Yoongi couldn't help but watch him out of the corner of his eye; the way Jimin's brow furrowed in concentration, the way he held and nibbled at his pen as his hair fell messily over his face. 

Yoongi smiled to himself, thinking that any moment like this was almost the same as some crummy romance. 

His face fell slack, 

Oh...

Oh no. 

"Yoongi?"

Jimin's voice pulled Yoongi out from his trance as his eyes flickered up to meet with Jimin's, they'd spent so much time together over the past few weeks that Yoongi had found himself loosing his guard more so then often. It had started with him double checking the locks on the doors and watching his surroundings with sharp eyes, and now he found himself slipping into daydreams and falling asleep without a care in the world. 

Maybe Jimin's presence reassured him enough to let his guard down. 

He didn't want to question it, so sitting up on the lounge, he parted his lips to speak, "Whats up?"

Jimin slipped his phone out from his pocket before he began to tap lazily at the screen, "Did you get the full outline for the plan?"

Yoongi rose a brow, "You mean for the banquet?"

Jimin gave a nod. 

Running a hand through his hair, Yoongi heaved a sigh, "I did... nothing much changed."

Jimin squeezed his phone in his hand, "I think this might just work."

"I think so too." Yoongi spoke up, leaning against the armrest of the lounge, "How many weeks left now?"

Lifting his eyes from his phone, Jimin pondered before he spoke, "Roughly four." He replied, switching off the screen as he made his way around the counter. With slow steps he strolled over to the lounge, taking a seat beside Yoongi and letting out a breath, "Then hopefully this can all be over..."

Fixing his posture, Yoongi turned to Jimin, "What do you mean by, 'all be over'?"

The younger sucked in his cheeks before he let out a breath, "You know... with the fall of a major part of the crime syndicate, maybe we can try and start a new life or something?" He confessed, a smile threatening to tug at his lips with the thought. 

Yoongi on the other hand remained silent, eyes drifting to the floor, "I don't think it's that simple."

Jimin's eyes grew wide as his breath fell short, "Oh..." he swallowed thickly, "Sorry I-"

"Well... maybe for some of you." Yoongi said, cutting Jimin's sentence short. "Regardless of what happens, I'm gonna keep following Namjoon." Yoongi saw that as his future, he always had, but for some strange reason after experiencing some time away from Namjoon, he felt himself longing for something he never had. He shook away those thoughts, not facing Jimin as he continued to speak, "I guess you could join collage or something? It's still not too late." Yoongi suggested, "You can get a boyfriend and-"

"-I don't know what I want." Jimin quickly cut in, placing his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands as he groaned, "I guess... maybe we should just stop."

"Stop what?"

Jimin's temper was quick to change, "Thinking ahead of ourselves... after all, we don't really know what's going to happen after the banquet."