eleven

{falling for the squad}

"Get him inside!" Hoseok called, ushering Jungkook in through the front door of the mansion. With frantic movements, Hoseok sped his way over past the main foyer and into the living room, quickly clearing a few pillows off the couch before he gestured for Jungkook to lay Taehyung down. 

Biting down against his lower lip, Jungkook held Taehyung in his arms. The male's head rested soundly against Jungkook's chest, his breathing coming in shallow breaths as he began to sweat. Noticing Taehyung's worked up state, Jungkook was quick to make his way over to where Hoseok stood, carefully laying Taehyung down against the living room couch. 

Securing the male, Jungkook was quick to stand up straight again, running a hand stressfully through his tousled hair as his gaze remained glued to the unconscious male.

From beside him, Hoseok spoke up, "Keep watch for a second," he uttered, a hint of worry laced throughout his unusually stressed voice, "I need my drug testing kit."

Swallowing thickly, Jungkook's brows furrowed in concern, "How bad could it be?"

Hoseok let out a sigh, "We're fine if it's Rohypnol... but if it's GHB or Ketamine then that's no good." he explained, words trailing off as he quickly sped out of the room leaving just Jungkook by Taehyung's side. 

Lips twisting into a frown, Jungkook crouched down beside the couch. Beads of sweat littered against Taehyung's forehead and Jungkook found himself reaching out to push Taehyung's hair aside. 

As fast as he had left, Hoseok returned, this time not empty handed as he emerged into the living room with a box of medical supplies. Slamming it against the table, Hoseok rummaged through the contents of the box, tossing a few things aside as he dug deeper. Jungkook couldn't help but remember Yoongi's words from his first day at the mansion, that no one in the gang is a skilled medic. It was enough to raise Jungkook's anxiety. 

Momentarily glancing to the side, Hoseok didn't fail to pick up on Jungkook's slight concern. So finally managing to locate his drug testing supplies, Hoseok turned towards the younger in reassurance, "Don't worry, nothing will kill him. Some drugs just have worse effects then others."

Jungkook shook his head, "Why would they do something like this?" he spoke, his words more so sounding like a comment then a question. Coming from the Jeon group, Jungkook didn't remember his gang ever spiking the drinks of other gang members, they would usually turn to... well how should he put it... murder?

Hoseok simply sighed, moving over to Taehyung's side as he began to test for drugs, "I'm unsure... they knew he was snooping, so maybe they tried to evoke a reaction from the rest of us?"

Jungkook's shoulders slumped, "Maybe."

Waiting patiently, Jungkook watched on as Hoseok finished up the testing, reading the results before letting out a drastic sigh. "It's just Rohypnol, thank god." he announced, gathering his medical equipment back up as he began to reorganise himself, "He'll just be passed out for a while. Maybe a bit of amnesia when he wakes up but nothing too major."

For some strange reason Jungkook felt relieved to hear the news. Many people he'd worked alongside with previously had gone through terrible circumstances or simply been killed, yet not once did he feel as empathetic as he did now towards this almost total stranger. Maybe it was something about the idea of equality in this group that made him feel a little better. Jungkook had never experienced real relationships, after all, the ones in the Jeon syndicate were pretty messed up. 

It was almost as if he had finally clung onto people that actually cared, and there was no way he could let that ideal life go. Almost as if he were unconsciously trying to protect them.