forty seven

{confessions}

Sat beside Namjoon, Jimin stared dejectedly up at the ceiling. 

He sat there quietly, keeping his eyes closed, matching his own breaths to the beeping of the machines that surrounded Yoongi's bed. It was the only indication of his heartbeat, his existence. 

He couldn't bring himself to look at the IV's and heart monitors attached to Yoongi. Jimin had already let his emotions loose and now he just felt numb, watching, waiting silently as the soft tick of the clock and the beeping of the heart monitor kept him alert. Curiosity soon took over however as he lowered his gaze, rubbing his bloodshot eyes to meet a dismal view of the hospital room. 

An old TV hung from the ceiling, a window allowing for the soft rays of the early morning sun to flood inside. The golden glow illuminated Yoongi's form as he lay in the hospital bed, Jimin couldn't help but glance away once again after letting his eyes roam far too long over the male. His face was littered with tiny cuts, a gauze plastered over his right cheek. 

Jimin found himself drawing in a breath as he turned back, slowly standing up from his fraying chair. With slow and hesitant movements, Jimin dragged the chair over to the bedside, plopping back down in his seat before reaching a hand forwards. 

With the lightest and most gentle of touches, Jimin brushed Yoongi's hair from his eyes, giving a pained expression as he trailed his fingers around each and every cut and bruise. He found himself almost tearing up again, but managed to hold his emotions back. 

Namjoon on the other hand sat more of a distance, arms crossed over his chest as he leaned back in his chair. The dark circles under his eyes were a result of staying up all night, waiting for the surgery to be over and answering any questions the medical staff bombarded him with. He found himself closing his eyes for a brief moment, just resting them as he sunk further back into his chair. 

It was horrid, like something straight out of a slaughter house. Yoongi had managed to come out of surgery, but Namjoon still found the sight almost horrifying. Under the hospital blankets Yoongi's torso was now all bandaged up, a leg supported due to a bad break. One of his forearms required stitches, Namjoon was just glad it wasn't broken. 

He allowed his eyes to flicker open once more, tired gaze scanning across the room until his attention focused on Jimin. 

The orange haired male was still a mess. He refused to go home and change so the hospital had no choice but to lend him some spare clothing to avoid scaring any patients with his dishevelled state. But even with fresh clothing, Namjoon could still see the missed spots of blood stained on his cheek, some still in the tips of his hair as the early morning sun sent him aglow. 

Namjoon heaved a sigh, straightening himself up before he finally broke the silence, "Jimin?"

Namjoon's eyes were met by Jimin's weak gaze, "I know what you're gonna say..." Jimin spoke, turning a little in his chair so he was facing Namjoon at a better angle, "You wanna know what happened, right?"

Namjoon gave a small nod before speaking, "The whole situation baffles me..." he uttered, running a hand through his tousled hair, "You and Yoongi should've been at the store... Taehyung and Jungkook knew of what was going to happen, and yet, we can't even reach them at the moment?" He let out a troublesome sigh, "Is it just me... or did enough bad events all align for this to turn into such a tragedy?" He said, giving a weak gesture towards Yoongi.

Jimin bit down against his lip once again, the skin now slightly red, "I don't know the full story, but I can at least fess up that this was partially my fault."