Chapter 2

Jasmine's POV

The next day was Monday. On Mondays I wake early, take a shower, brew a mug of coffee and meditate to clear my head and start the week off positively. After, I would do some yoga before checking my calendar, emails, and social media accounts.

This morning I woke up earlier than usual, maybe around 6:00 am and headed into the Jack and Jill bathroom I would now have to share with Jaxon. The lights were on? Was someone in there? I knocked a couple of times before actually entering. No one responded so I shrugged my shoulders lazily and proceeded to enter. I confirmed no one was in the bathroom. I assumed that Jaxon and his infantile brain probably woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom but forgot to shut the lights off. Regardless, I was too tired to actually care.

I plopped down on the toilet to relieve myself. What the fuck? Due to the courtesy of Jaxon, I nearly fell into the fucking toilet bowl. This asshole did NOT put the seat down after using it and I wasn't expecting to have to check the toilet before using MY own toilet. I would definitely be exchanging words with him about this later.

After using the toilet, I began to undress. I was stepping out of my pajama shorts and underwear when I heard the rattling of the door right before it opened. At that moment, my heart fell out of my chest. As quickly as my brain could process what was happening, I screamed that I was in the bathroom but it was too late. A shirtless Jaxon opened the door and stared me dead in my eyes for a few moments too long before he realized what was happening and slammed the door shut. I was pissed. I turned around quickly and grabbed a towel to cover my naked lower half. In that moment, I forgot about the shower. And without thinking, I barged into his room without knocking. Fuck knocking, did he knock for me? The room is still dark except for the closet light. He's walking towards his bed but turns around when he hears me enter the room. For a moment, I was at a loss for words and I forgot what I was saying. His bare chest and arms threw me off. For one, I didn't realize how many more tattoos head gotten since the last time I saw him. And two, he was muscular and toned. Even though I would die before I admitted it out loud, he looked damned good.

Jaxon cleared his throat

Jaxon cleared his throat. "Can I help you?" The sound of his voice immediately shook me out of my thoughts and prompted me to look up. I felt embarrassed for being caught staring but I brushed it off quickly.

"What the fuck, Jaxon? It's been less than 24 hours and you've been the biggest nuisance." I shoved him, open palmed, in the chest trying to shove him until he fell but Jaxon doesn't even flinch. He's shirtless and all muscle and feeling his skin distracted me momentarily. Damn his body is hard and solid. I shake my thoughts away as soon as they enter my mind. Jaxon threw his hands up in defeat but doesn't move an inch.

"My bad Jasmine. Shit, I wasn't expecting you to be awake so early." I squint my eyes at him. Was he so dense that he didn't know how to knock before entering?