Chapter 37

Jaxon's POV    *A few days earlier*

I needed to make sure that Marcy was out of our lives for good and I promised myself that this whole situation wouldn't drag on longer then this weekend. I was desperate because, at this point, Marcy was severely impacting my relationship with Jasmine. Enough was enough and so I came up with the only plan I thought was viable. The problem? It was contingent on Darnell's assistance. The biggest part of my plan was that I needed to uncover any secrets Marcy might be hiding. It was clear that at some point,  Darnell and Marcy seemed to be communicating with each other outside of Jasmine and myself. I thought back to the several times that I either caught her texting him or that painfully awkward time when she randomly invited him to my parents house for my pool party. Something just didn't add up and it was my job to figure out if something was amiss with the two of them. That's how I found myself sitting in front of Darnell with a thick protective glass separating us in the County Jail. 

Since the incident with Jasmine a little over a month ago, Darnell hadn't posted bail. Unfortunately for him, he was still stuck in a cell awaiting trial. Good, he needed to be caged. I was here on a mission and I wouldn't hesitate to use any tactic I could to leverage it over him. My gut told me that they were more acquainted with one another than what they originally lead us to believe. 

I sat down and picked up the jail phone so that we could communicate. Darnell looked at me emotionless. After a few moments, he eventually picked up the phone on his side of the glass. He plastered on dangerous smile that didn't reach his eyes. I schooled my face so as not to reveal any emotions. I sat back and listened as he began our conversation.

"I have to admit. When they told me who was here to visit me, I didn't believe them. I almost didn't come." Darnell leaned forward in his seat while eyeballing me before continuing. "But curiosity got the best of me and I'm dying to know why you've decided to waste my time." Darnell was the last person I wanted to receive help from but thinking about Jasmine, I pressed on.

"We both know that this is the last place I want to be but I think you could help me." Darnell began to laugh satirically. It gave me chills just watching this evil man grin from ear to ear. And then, just like that, he abruptly stopped laughing and stared me dead in my eyes; I held his gaze. I wasn't one to back down so easily. 

"What makes you think I'll help you?" He questioned. It was a reasonable question for him to ask. Look at where the man was while I had my freedom. 

"You owe it to Jasmine." I said while hoping that this angle would work. But I knew it was a weak proposition. Darnell confirmed this when he chuckled humorlessly as if I had just told a joke.

"That bitch is the reason I'm here. I don't owe her SHIT!" Darnell slammed his fist hard on the counter in front of him while fuming spit at the sides of his mouth. Just the sound of her name seemed to trigger this man. The guard behind him came up and gave him a quick warning before backing up again. 

I had a feeling that Darnell would say some non remorseful ass shit like this but I didn't realize that he would completely refuse to take ownership of what happened.  I cleared my throat and tried a different angle.

"What if Jasmine asks the prosecutor to give you a lighter sentence?" I watched his reaction before continuing. "Or..... drop the charges?" Darnell squinted his eyes at me skeptically and crossed his arms across his chest defensively.  It was a very slight movement, but at the sound of my suggestion, I could see Darnell's ears perk up. I smiled inwardly. People like him were so predictable it was sickening. 

After my suggestion, Darnell seemed to be more willing to talk. We spoke for a little while longer and by the end of our conversation, we established some sort of agreement. The good news was that he would set up a meeting where I could obtain some information from his lawyer. I had no doubt that what I'd learned from Darnell would prove to be priceless. I just needed the right moment to confront Marcy.
****************

*fast forward to the birthday party*

Jasmine's POV

After that blow my mother just dealt me, I felt like the wind was just knocked right out of my lungs. I was on my knees and hunched over with rage. My breathing was labored and I was actively trying my best to compose myself. If there was anything I learned tonight, it was that my mother might be an even bigger snake than Marcy and that was an even harder pill to swallow as realization washed over me. Thank god for Jaxon. He was still holding my hair out of my face while rubbing my back and trying to calm me down.  

An influx of people began to surround me but I couldn't identify who was who even if my life depended on it. The rage forming in my mind clouded my judgement, making everyone's faces look like one big blur. At this point, my common sense had checked out and I was exhausted from all this nonsense and mental abuse. I couldn't believe this ONE woman has been the source of all of my stress lately. Now she had my mom involved and I wasn't haven't it. To say that I was completely enraged was an understatement. All I saw was red.

The devil on my shoulder began to encourage me to, Fuck that bitch up! and guess what? I couldn't agree more.  Usually an angel would appear to knock some common sense into me, but today? No such angel appeared. Fuck that bitch up! The devil on my shoulder echoed the words once again as tears swelled into my eyes and my fists balled up with anger. I was slowly processing everything that just happened. Jaxon was still rubbing my back but even that irritated me. I eventually swiped his hands off me. I WAS DONE! 

I pushed up from the ground and wiped the tears that were running down my cheeks with the back of my hands. I lost all of the care in the world as I prepared myself to attack. I could careless that everyone saw the pain and anguish written all over my face. I could careless if I said something I couldn't take back, and I could absolutely careless what any of these people thought of me after tonight. 

Without thinking, I set my sights on Marcy and locked gazes with her. My feet seemed to be moving on their own accord as I stomped in her direction. She wanted to pick a fight with me?  Well now she had a storm coming her way. As I marched towards her, I could see this stupid grin on her face. It only set fire to my anger. Before I knew it, we were standing face to face while everyone watched us silently. I drew out my next words slowly for emphasis.

"You stupid... fucking.... home wrecking.... BITCH!" I yelled directly into her face. She had that dumb smirk on her face that I was dying to fix. She placed her hands on her hips as she answered me.

"Oh I'm the bitch? Have you looked in the-" She didn't even get the chance to finish her sentence before I smacked my open palm hard against her face! Where's you're smile now bitch?  Marcy dramatically gasped out in shock while holding onto her stomach. 

"I'm pregnant you fucking moron!" She seethed at me and I almost laughed out loud. 

"You're lucky I didn't hit you in your stomach hoe!" I screamed back at her. When I tell you I didn't care? I didn't. Marcy had the audacity to look stunned. Her cheek became flushed and was rapidly becoming bright red. She turned to Jaxon for consolation and I completely lost it.

"Are you going to let her do this to me babe?" She asked him helplessly while trying to play the victim. Just the dumb look on her face pissed me the fuck off. My voice was low.

"Do NOT look at him. He can't save you right now!" I warned her. Marcy seemed to be contemplating her next move as her eyes looked beyond me and rapidly searched the area for something. I assumed she was trying to come up with a quick plan now that her, no booty having ass back, was against the wall. If you asked me what anyone else was doing at this moment? I couldn't tell you. I had a one tracked mind and that was to deal with Marcy. I ambled even closer into her personal space. If she wanted to do something, this was her time. 

"Back up off of me Jasmine. And I won't warn you again." Marcy threatened me while pushing me back hard. I could vaguely hear Jaxon in the background trying to stop whatever was happening. I ignored him.

"Oh... so you don't like when I'm in your personal space but you've been in my business for months now. People love dishing shit out but can't take it when it's the other way around." I said with hate spewing from me. I ambled right back into her personal space and challenged her with my stare down. Marcy's eyes turned into slits as she eyed me; her victim persona faded as quickly as it came. She pushed me again, and I immediately went to grab a fistful of her hair. She pulled back and hawked big wad of spit and launched it right into my face.

**********************************

Vote + Comment