Chapter 32

Jaxon's POV

I was barely even able to process what Jasmine had just revealed before she bitch slapped me with another blow to the head. With her voice even lower now, she continued.

"But I'm getting rid of it Jax." I nearly stopped breathing and I couldn't help myself when I stared at her like she had two heads. Jasmine looked everywhere but at me; she looked so guilty.

So much emotion flushed through my body in just a matter of minutes. First shock, then happiness, and now grief? I didn't know what to say. For once, I was speechless. Jasmine continued speaking and I didn't know if I could take anymore of it.

"I'm only telling you this out of human courtesy." She said this last statement while also placing her hand on the door handle. It was so painfully obvious how ready she was to run out of my life yet again. I couldn't let that happen. I reflexively reached out to touch her arm but she pulled back from me. The sight of her flinching away from my touch broke my heart.

"Jasmine..." My voice came out as a mumble as it trailed off. What could I say? I wanted this woman so bad and she could barely even stand me to the point that she would get rid of our child? I l looked into her face and searched for her gaze. She tried her best to avoid my eyes but I was persistent. Finally, I latched onto her brown eyes and I could see tears threatening to fall. I was about to speak up and plead my case but she cut me off.

"I'm sorry. This was a mistake, I have to go." She said hastily after a moment of silence. "I shouldn't have allowed Megan to pressure me into this." Then, without looking back, she unlocked the door, got up from beside me, and walked right out of my life........ again. Was it really that easy for her? I swiped my hand down my face in frustration as I watched her through my car window. Why did this have to be so complicated? What was she running from? I knew that I fucked up with Darnell, but I also knew that we could get past this.

I watched as Jasmine entered her house and disappeared inside. I just sat there like a lump of coal. I sat pathetically in her driveway for another half hour, just thinking about everything that had transpired up until now. What should I do? I asked myself. But I had no answers. I couldn't force someone to let me in if they didn't want to. Eventually I came to the conclusion that everything was out of my hands at this point. It was all up to Jasmine. I reluctantly gathered my thoughts and put my car in drive; ready to head home.

I drove in silence as my mind kept thinking of ways to change this narrative. One moment I was going to be a father and the next, it was all ripped from me so quickly. I felt so powerless just thinking about it. All I could do was shake my head. Life seriously was a bitch.

A few minutes into my drive home and my phone began to ring. I naturally didn't want to answer it but when I glanced at my dashboard and saw that it was Megan, I finally picked up. Megan's voice filtered throughout the car.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Megan's voice was way to high pitched. Combined with the mood I was in, her voice only grated more on my nerves. The way I was feeling, I didn't need anymore B.S and right now she sounded beyond upset. Was she upset with me? I exhaled heavily before answering.

"What now Megan?" My voice sounded dry. Hopefully it would indicate to her that I wasn't in the mood for any of her shit talking. But being Megan, she obviously didn't care as she continued.

"I'm disappointed in you Jaxon. You really going to just let Jasmine off the hook that easily?" She paused for a response but I gave her none. "Come on, Jax. Do I even know you?" What the hell did she want me to do? Be a miracle worker? It was Jasmine's body so it was her right to do as she pleased.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked harsher than I expected. "Do you want me to lock her up for 9 months Megan? Is that what you want? You want me tie her up and put her in my basement??" My voice was dripping with sarcasm. "Stop being so dumb and actually try to be realistic for once in your goddamn life!" I was beyond hurt right now and that translated into how harshly I spoke to Megan. As my twin, I knew that Megan could sense my anguish instead of taking anything I said to heart. Her voice was a lot lower now when she spoke up again.

"Do you love her Jaxon?" She questioned me and my mind immediately flashed to an image of Jasmine's beautiful face and I couldn't help but smile at the thought of her.

(The image of Jasmine that Jaxon has in his mind)

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

(The image of Jasmine that Jaxon has in his mind)

Deep down I knew this thing between us had been brewing a lot longer than what's been happening in the past two months. Even when we argued, our chemistry was still there.

I didn't answer Megan. What was the point? Megan took the hint and continued.

"I'm begging you, as your sister, to fight harder for what you want."

"This isn't a movie, Megan. This is real life. Jasmine is a grown woman who knows what she wants." I sounded cynical as I intentionally burst Megan's fairyland bubble. She gave out a low, frustrated groan that permeated loudly through the speakers of my car before answering me.

"No, Jaxon! Jasmine clearly doesn't know what she wants. She's emotionally all over the place right now. But you could be her support; you could be there for her. You need to remind her of that." There was a long pause as I processed everything she was saying to me.

"I've got to go Megan. This has all been a lot to- handle." With that being said, I hung up the phone and pulled into my driveway. I put my car in park and rested my head on the steering wheel. I was mentally exhausted right about now. What a fucked up night.

**********************************************************

Vote+ Comment