Chapter 47

Jasmine's POV 3 weeks later *9:00am*

I plopped down on the couch in Dr. Yang's office and relaxed into the cushions. Today was my usual therapy session and I had so much I wanted to speak about. Dr. Yang grabbed her usual notebook and settled into her chair.

"Hello, Jasmine. You look happy today. Is there anything specific you would like to talk about?" Dr. Yang recited her typical greeting as she glanced over towards me. I couldn't help but smile.

Since dating Jaxon, I'd seen Dr. Yang several times but I hadn't told her about us yet. I decided today would be that day. I was bursting at the seams trying to hold my secret in.

"Well Dr. Yang, remember the other day when we spoke about taking chances and being optimistic? Well... I took your advice and took a leap of faith." I exclaimed excitedly.

"After I left your office about 3 weeks ago, somehow I ended up at Jaxon's house unannounced!" Dr. Yang raised an eyebrow questioningly. I couldn't help the grin that was plastered all over my face. I felt like a school girl telling a classmate about her crush.

"Hmm, and how did that go? By the look on your face, I'm assuming very well?" I shook my head yes.

"It went more than well. Actually, Jaxon and I decided to try and make it work and we've been going strong ever since." I sighed more so to myself.

"I can't lose this man again Dr. Yang." I paused searching for the correct words. "He makes me feel these indescribable feelings. I love him."
Dr. Yang smiled and crossed her legs.

"You know Jasmine...this is a very commendable milestone you've reached. You've taken the initiative to be optimistic and look where it's gotten you. At this point, I have no doubt that you and him will work if you continue to focus on your mental health." I smiled like a baby in a candy shop at the sound of Dr. Yang's words. I always loved when she showered me with validation, it always encouraged me to be better.

"Yeah well, you're always talking about being transparent about my feelings, well tonight we're going out on a date and I decided to write him an open letter. And then I prepared him a surprise that I hope he will cherish forever." Dr. Yang smiled.

"That's exciting. I want you to tell me how it goes during our next meeting."

We talked a little more about Jaxon and what I expected out of this relationship. Honestly? I hoped Jaxon and I could start over and really get to enjoy one another without all the heartaches and interference's from other people.

After talking for a good 30 minutes about Jaxon, Dr. Yang slickly eased us into a conversation about a topic that I found a lot more difficult to speak about.

"Speaking of relationships, we've avoided talking about that email that your mother wrote you. It's been three weeks now. Would you like to talk about it today?" She asked me and I wanted to scream NO! My once cheerful demeanor fell right from my face as I shifted uncomfortably in my seat on the couch.

Dr. Yang eyed me and waited until I finally nodded my head yes to speaking about the email. At this point, the old Jasmine would have shut down completely but right now? I was fighting the urge to dismiss this conversation once again like I did for the past few weeks. Dr. Yang continued.

"Okay. But if at anytime talking about this becomes too overwhelming, we can always change the subject." I nodded my head in understanding.

"So, in thinking about that email, how do you feel about what your mother said?" I was silent for a moment as I thought about my next words. Thinking before I spoke was another thing I learned to do. It was a way for me to limit making decisions I would later regret.