Chapter 18

Jasmine's POV

I just finished uploading a box braid hair tutorial when Megan knocked on my door

I just finished uploading a box braid hair tutorial when Megan knocked on my door. Before I could answer, she plowed right into my room and plopped right onto my bed.

"Damn. You just sit your ass right down in peoples beds and you don't even ask questions, huh?"

"Huh? What kind of questions would I ask? Like if you're sheets are clean and washed??? Girl, I know you aint fucking in this damn bed. That's good enough for me!" I nearly choked on my own saliva.

"Well, Meg-Gan," I stretched out her name and put emphasis on the second syllable. "How about the opposite then. How about, I don't know where your ass has been and you got the audacity to put your outside-clothes-wearing-ass in peoples clean beds! With your feet up and all!"

"Girl. Your dramatic ass will be fine! Speaking of beds though, I'm trying to get laid and I need your help."

"Ooooooo." I smile brightly. "Megan is trying to clean out them cobwebs and put that box to good use huh?" She threw a pillow at me.

"You're the one in a relationship with more cobwebs than me! So shut it!" I laughed because she had a point. Shit, I've been holding out from Darnell for months now and I was going to KEEP holding out until I saw some progress in our relationship again.

"Ok what's the plan? What are we doing?"I asked excitedly.

"Well you know Brent? Right? Jaxon's best friend?" She blushes.

"Duh! Of course I know him. What? So you finally grew a pair of balls?"

"No, not yet. At least not completely. He gave me his number at the pool party but we haven't really spoken since and I'm kind of freaking out about it. I've wanted this for soo long."

"Girl, never fear, your best friend Jasmine is here!" I say confidently while pounding my chest but Megan gives me a side-eye.

"Girl..... stop being so corny. I just need you to help me escalate the situation. Get this shit going for me."

"And how do you propose I help you? You want me to ask him out for you?" I asked confused.

"Nah, I just need another social gathering like the pool party where a lot of our friends are hanging out and I can naturally ease my way in and start talking to him." I shook my head in understanding.

"My dearest Megan, you are oh so complicated, but for you? I will do anything. " I say with a smile on my face. I knew exactly what to do.

"Thanks girl." Megan got up to leave my room but before she could leave I stopped her and she turned around.

"What's up?" I smiled and started singing, "My girl about to get some Dick, Dick, Dick, Dick, Dick.  Megan's about to get some Dick, Dick, Dick, Dick, Dick." She burst out laughing before flipping me off.