Chapter 7

Jaxon's POV

*************

Being stuck with Jasmine was more entertaining than I thought it could ever be. She was a natural drama queen. I looked down at my phone. We had a good hour left in this elevator and I didn't know if our brief white flag would survive it. Jasmine was on her phone texting Megan about our whereabouts after I asked if my sister was also at the event. I sat on the ground next to Jasmine.

"So what now? How long did they say they would take to come?" She asked.  I can still sense her nervousness about being in this cramped tight space. It's good her nerves are not as bad as before. I needed to distract her. The last thing I wanted was to be stuck in an elevator with someone who was having a full blown panic attack and there was nothing I could do about it.

"An hour... But let's talk more about you thinking I'm cute." I winked.

"Don't flatter yourself bud. You're iighhht." She doesn't look at me as she typed on her phone. I hated being ignored. Impulsively I leaned over and guided her chin up gently with my fingers. Her deep brown eyes finally connecting with my eyes. Her breath seemed to hitch in her throat. Yeah, even if she didn't want to admit it, I had an affect on her.

"Right before the elevator broke down, I clearly remember you saying, "you're cute Jaxon Robinson, any woman would be lucky to have you." I smirked at her playfully and she frowned. I had to admit, messing with her could be a full time hobby. It was entertaining enough.

"Sounds like you're having a delusional break down Mr. Robinson... And can you refrain from touching me, I don't know were those hands have been." her voice dripped with attitude .

"They've been touching beautiful women all night." 

"Don't flirt with me. You have a whole girlfriend upstairs. And I have a whole boyfriend at home." I laughed lightly.

"Not flirting, just stating facts." By the way her brown eyes shifted into snake-like slits, I could tell she was condemning me to hell without using her words.

" Well keep your facts to yourself. You act like I care what you think of me. Just to be clear, I don't."  Playing with her and getting a rise out of her was entirely too much fun. I didn't respond. After a few tense moments, we went silent for awhile. She went back to texting on her phone.

Jasmine

*************

I don't know what kind of game Jaxon is playing but ever since he's been living with us, he's been trying to mess with my head. I wasn't falling for any of his shit like I did in High school. I refused to trust this man. He needed to leave me the hell alone and keep all of that energy for his little girlfriend Mary. Tonight was a huge bust and at this point, I just wanted to get home and go to bed.

"Let's play a game." My first response was automatically no. But we still had 45 minutes left before aid would arrive and my phone was dying. I needed something to distract me from the fact that we were still 20 stories high and stuck in a cramped box.

"What game?" I asked, sounding as uninterested as possible.

"21 questions." I rolled my eyes. Of course his ass would want to play that game.

"What if I don't want to answer a question you ask?" He thought about it for a moment before responding.

"Then lets make this more worth while. If you refuse to answer, you have to concede and give me an hour back massage." My mind screamed NO!

"Ok, and if you refuse to answer my question, you will be my servant for 24 hours. Deal?"

"I wouldn't expect anything less from the Spawn of Satan." He says with a slight smile on his face. I hated when he called me that.

We began playing but since we knew each other so well thinking of questions was difficult. I wanted to ask the tough questions because I honestly would loveee to be pampered for an entire day. My strategy was to ask questions I already knew the answer too but he didn't know I knew the answers to those questions. So, I would know if he were lying. But so far the questions have been very basic. It was his turn now. I could see a mischievous glint in his eyes right before he spoke. I braced myself.

"If you saw me naked right now, what would you do?" Oh ok, so we are taking it there?

I hated myself in that moment for actually imagining an image of his tattoos and tanned abs with his muscular physique. Yea he was cute for a white boy, but nothing topped that dark chocolate I was so used to.

 Yea he was cute for a white boy, but nothing topped that dark chocolate I was so used to

I brought myself back to the present. I needed to burst his bubble; it would also make me feel better after thinking of him naked.

"I would tell you to put your damn clothes back on!" He eyed me skeptically before shrugging my comment off like it was no biggy. Now it was my turn.

"Who was your first real crush?" I was hoping to stumble him on this question. Everyone knew his first crush was Thelma Conrad in 4th grade. Megan told me how he was infatuated with her even though, for every other preteen, having a crush on her would've been embarrassing. Simply put, Thelma smelled like fish. According to Megan, she was all he spoke about for the longest.  But now, whenever you brought Thelma's name up to reminisce, till this day he seemed to have amnesia. In my gut I knew he knew I knew the truth about his love for Thelma all those years ago but I wondered, would he lie to preserve his pride or would he finally fess up? If he lied right now, I swear he would be my slave for a day down to that last minute. I was ready.

"Hmmm, my first real crush?" he pondered out loud and I eagerly nodded my head yes; encouraging him to lie boldly to my face.

Jaxon looked me dead in my eyes and lied boldly to my face.
"You." He was too nonchalant. I twisted my face up in confusion.

"Wha-what?" I asked not sure that I heard right. As far as I knew, Jaxon never saw me as anything except his sisters best friend. Even when he played me in High School, he still never had any feelings for me. So it was a shock to hear him say that.

"I said you were my first real crush." My mouth dropped to the floor. "Stop being dramatic Jasmine. You asked and I'm telling you the truth." So I did hear him right. I gave him a side-eye and a, are you bullshitting me look. But before I could ask any questions, the elevator doors were pried open, letting us out. Megan was standing there waiting for us with her arms outstretched to embrace us both. Once she let go of us, Mary, Jaxon's date appeared and pulled him into a tight embrace. I rolled my eyes and focused on Megan.

"So you survived prison with my brother without killing each other. Hell must've froze over." She says sarcastically. I smiled at her words. I wondered if she knew about what Jaxon was talking about in the elevator. I decided to leave it alone. I didn't want to open pandora's box if I didn't have to. Megan and I decided to call an uber and head home.

*****************

What do you think so far about the main characters? Please comment and vote. Leave feedback so I have an idea that I'm going in the right direction with this story. Thanks so much :) see you soon.