Chapter 33

Jasmine's POV

It was around 9:00 pm when Jaxon drove off. Being around him was exhausting. I plopped myself into my bed and pulled the covers over my head. Being lazy and being consumed by depression was so normal for me now, I felt sorry for myself. Megan should be happy now that everything was out in the open. I thought spitefully to myself as I rolled my eyes. She was understandably upset with me but she refused to view this from my perspective. She didn't care one bit about where I was coming from.

As I laid in bed, my mind betrayed me as an image of Jaxon materialized.

He was the last person I wanted to think about

He was the last person I wanted to think about. But seeing him again, after so long, brought back so many- I stopped myself from even analyzing what I had felt. Instead, I thought about the look on his face when I told him  that I was pregnant but planning on terminating. The way he looked, my stomach instantly twisted up with guilt inside me. I tried not to dwell on any of this. I shuffled around in my bed, trying to get comfortable but I felt restless after our conversation. I needed to get to sleep because tomorrow I had an early appointment at the abortion clinic.

*****

Later that night, I woke up to pee. I glanced over at my nightstand and the time read 12:46 am. Hmmm, I thought it would have been more like 3 or 4 in the morning. I stretched lightly before getting out of my bed. 

I used the toilet, washed my hands, and turned off the lights. But before I could step one foot out of my bathroom door, I walked right into a hard, unmoving chest. At first, I was gripped with fear, as my fight or flight instincts tried to process whether I should run or fight my way out of this. Ultimately, I decided to fight. I began wailing on the intruder and putting all my force into my attacks until a strong steady hand gripped both of my wrists to stop me. I tried to catch my breath as I looked up at the intruder.  Immediately, my breath hitched as recognition washed over me. What the hell? What was Jaxon doing in my bedroom?"  I punched Jaxon, one more time, hard in the chest. I was frustrated that he scared the shit out of me. I forcefully pulled my wrists from his grasp and stepped around him.

"What the hell are you doing here Jaxon?" I asked, sounding frustrated. I went over to my nightstand and bent down to turn on the light. I didn't notice that Jaxon stood closer to me until I stood back up and glanced back in his direction. I was keenly aware of his close proximity.

"We need to talk." He said and I nearly laughed. This must have been a joke right?

"At almost 1 a.m. in the morning? What's there to even speak about?" I questioned him. Jaxon stepped closer inside of my personal space and my heart started to speed up. I tried to ignore the way my stomach began to knot and twist together but there was no denying that, even after all this time, this man had some sort of pull over me. I refused to turn all the way around and give him my full attention. If I was being completely honest, I didn't trust myself.