Chapter 38

The moment she spit on me, all bets were off. I wiped the spit off my face and launched at her again. This time I was able to grab a fistful of her hair as I dragged her head down in order to bash her face even harder than I did the last time. Before we could even fully get into a wrestling match, my dad was behind her pulling her back while Jaxon's strong large arms cocooned me into his warm body. I was heated and not thinking straight as I tried to push him off me. But Jaxon was like a brick wall; he wouldn't budge.

"Jasmine, babe..." He whispered calmly into my ears . "Think about our baby. You're pregnant. Let me handle this." I closed my eyes hard and breathed out. I reluctantly calmed down only because I knew this level of stress was dangerous for the growing baby I had inside me. I'd finally made up my mind that I was keeping it.

I stared daggers at Marcy before turning my attention to the crowd who I'd been ignoring this entire time. My voice was calmer than it was originally as I explained what was happening.

"This has been a long time coming! This woman is so delusional, she can't understand that my man wants NOTHING to do with her." I looked at my mother but I swear she was looking everywhere but at me. I continued."-And yes, I said it! Jaxon is my fucking man and I don't care who doesn't agree with it!"

I then looked at him and stared directly into his blue eyes as my gaze softened. I spoke directly to him but I was glad that everyone was here to hear this. ".....And I care for  this man deeply." I sighed heavily. I then pointed at Marcy. My voice was still low and calm. "But this racist ass bitch has done every conniving thing you can think of to break us up. And now somehow she knows my mother???" 

In the background, someone began to slow clap which broke my attention away from Jaxon. I glanced over to where the sound was coming from and saw that Marcy was sarcastically clapping her hands with a devilish smirk on her face.

"What a great speech, you almost had me feeling sorry for you....ALMOST! That doesn't change the fact that I'm carrying his child." My heart sunk at her words as I glanced at her small growing stomach. It was true that she was pregnant. How did I know 100% and without a doubt that it wasn't Jaxon's kid? By the look on my face, Jaxon could tell that I had my doubts and that Marcy's words were seeping under my skin.

"Babe, you need to calm down for the sake of the baby." He whispered for my ears alone. He tried to calmly reason with me again but I sucked my teeth so damn hard at him. I was fed up!

"Oh... you mean calm down for the baby I'm also carrying by you?" I heard gasps of shock in the crowd since no one knew I was also pregnant. Again, I didn't care. I continued.

"You mean the baby that my mom knows about because I told her yesterday but somehow she's conveniently ignored that she's having a grandchild and instead, praised another woman for being pregnant by you?" I shrugged his hands off of me. I felt so alone and overwhelmed. My emotions were all over the place.

I felt a mixture of hate, betrayal, anxiety, sadness, and loneliness as I stood there in front of everyone with all of my demons exposed. I turned to look at my mother with questions in my eyes and she still couldn't look at me. She looked so guilty it was laughable. I glanced over to Jaxon. This time my voice was less harsh. Everyone was still watching the drama play out.

"Jaxon, are you sure that's not your baby?.... View this from my perspective. I need for all of this to make sense." I barely finished my sentence when Marcy began hollering from behind me.

"Get used to me bitch! Because Jaxon is my babies father!" She snarled at me angrily. God only knew what I would give to knock this bitches head off!

I looked at my mother again.

"You have nothing to say?" She didn't answer me. "Well happy fucking birthday mom!" I said sarcastically.

In the meantime, Jaxon pulled out his phone and began scrolling through his phone until he found what he was looking for. 

He turned to me. 

"I didn't want to do this like this and especially in front of everyone but I'm not going to lose you again. I'll prove to you right here and now that that baby she's carrying isn't mine." 

He connected his phone to the Bluetooth speakers in the backyard and everyone's ears perked up as we heard the clear voices of Marcy and Darnell speaking.

Marcy: "I'm pregnant  Darnell."
Darnell: "Why you telling me?"
Marcy: "Because the dates add up to you and plus we didn't use protection."
Darnell: "Didn't you fuck that white boy also?"
*Marcy chuckles*
Marcy:"Yeah but no matter how hard I tried. He insisted on using a condom."

"Turn that shit off! That's fake!" Marcy yelled. I watched as she tried to scramble towards Jaxon but my dad held onto her firmly. I silently thanked him before continuing to listen.

Darnell: "Shit. Ima need a DNA test before I believe anything your hoe ass says."

*Marcy laughs hard again*

Marcy: "call me what you want babe, but I'm a hustler and I'm being paid a shit-ton of money to make sure I get the guy."

Darnell:"Someone's paying you?"

"Jaxon! I'm not joking. Turn it off!" Marcy warned again. But everyone ignored her as Jaxon kept the recording going.

Marcy:" Don't worry about all that! You want Jasmine back don't you? Well play your part well and keep her away from Jaxon. And Ima spin this baby thing so it works out in my favor. He'll find out I'm pregnant and run right into my arms long enough for him to forget about Jasmine. That's when you swoop in as her night in shining armor." Marcy could be heard laughing evilly at the end of the recording.

The recording finally ended and out of everything that happened tonight, I think this was the most shocking. I knew Marcy was a manipulative bitch but I didn't realize it was to this extent. Everyone was silently trying to process everything that was just revealed.

"Okay! I've been caught so lets cut the bullshit." She said nonchalantly and I narrowed my eyes at her. She was being paid? By who?

***************************************

Vote + Comment