Chapter 8

Very short chapter but things will start getting better. 🤞🏾🙂

Jasmine's POV

It was a couple of days since the elevator incident. I just finished uploading two videos on my YouTube channel when Megan knocked lightly on my room door before strolling in. She plopped down on my bed, stomach first with her golden yellow hair splayed all around her.
"What you up to chica?" I asked.

"oh I was coming to see if you wanted to join my family at the beach house this weekend. I know it's pretty last minute but since Jax is back, my parents wanted to do a little bit of family bonding."

"Well that depends, will you be shoving Jaxon down my throat? No pun intended." Megan laughed.

"Mhhhmm. If you must know, Jaxon is bringing Marcy. So no, I will not be shoving him down your throat." I sighed. Hanging at the Robinson's beach house was always an experience. But knowing that his girl would be there made it more of a buzz kill.

"Isn't it kind of soon to be introducing her to the parents."

"You know Cindy and Robert don't care about all of that." I cringed every time Megan refereed to her parents by their names.

Have you spoken with his girl before?"

"Yeah, she seems ok."

"No, she seems like a bitch." A smirk creeped up on Megan's face and I couldn't help rolling my eyes. What the hell was that look for?

"What?"

"Ohhh nothing.... so you'll come?" I nodded my head yes to her question. This was going to be interesting.

***********************
For most of the week, I barely saw Jaxon which I was completely fine with. I purposely avoided him. But just because I rarely saw him, didn't mean I didn't know he was there. I just chose to avoid him and his new girlfriend Marcy at all cost to avoid more problems. I was usually only confrontational when I had to be. Lately, it seemed like the more he was around, the more flustered I felt.

It was Thursday and Megan and I had just finished a get ready with me YouTube video. Since we were both popular YouTubers, we often did cameos for one another. Usually after such videos, I'm not actually going anywhere so I go ahead and wash my face. That is exactly what I was doing when I heard our doorbell ring.

My first instinct was that it was probably Darnell. In the past week, he had been treating me more like a queen. He seemed genuinely respect me. For the first time in a long time, my heart didn't sink at the possibility of it being Darnell at the door.

"Are you expecting someone?!" I yelled from my bathroom so that Megan could hear me from her room.

"NO! But I'll go check it out."

Moments later, I heard an all too familiar voice I've come to despise over the last few weeks. Marcy. *cue the dramatic music: dum dum dummmmm* Marcy hated me but somehow her microaggressions seemed to only be obvious to me. Every time she came over and I saw her, I felt like she had an under-handed comment towards me. Why was she here? Didn't she know Jaxon didn't get off till 4? It was only 3.

I headed down the stairs to see what was up when Megan intercepted me.

"It's Marcy. Be nice Jas." Megan warned. I rolled my eyes. Why doesn't anyone warn Marcy to mind her manners?

"Tell her to be nice and maybe I won't chew her out."

"She says she just wants to talk to you."

"There's nothing really to talk about. I doubt we have any of the same interests."

"Soooo, we're just going to ignore the fact that Jaxon is a common denominator between the two of you?" I rolled my eyes so hard at that. Why would Jaxon be a common factor between us? We never dated and we had no intentions of ever testing that out.

"Like I said, we don't have any similar interests. Honestly, he's more of a common denominator for yall before he would be for me." Obviously done with the conversation, Megan strolled passed me.

"You're the most stubborn person I know Jasmine." And with that being said, Megan was gone.

As I came down the stairs, I saw Marcy comfortably sitting on our living room sofa. Oh how I couldn't wait for Jaxon to get his own apartment. When she heard me coming, Marcy looked up and gave me a smirk.

"Oh hey Jasmine, just the person I came to see!" Confusion marred my face

"Oh hey Jasmine, just the person I came to see!" Confusion marred my face. I was semi curious to know why she was here to see me. Marcy got up from the couch to greet me with a hug but I side stepped that bullshit real quick. We weren't friends and I wasn't going to pretend that we were. Like I told Megan earlier, we had nothing in-common. She was low-key racist.

After snubbing her, Marcy looked at me for a moment too long with that stupid smirk still plastered on her face. She finally spoke up.

"Wow it's so strange seeing you so bare faced. Usually you look so much more awake with makeup on. Now you look like the walking dead."

I wanted to slap her for yet another back handed comment. Lord knows how much I've been patient. But I reigned my temper in and crossed my arms defensively across my chest and began to tap my foot impatiently.

"I'm still waiting for something intelligent to come out of your mouth." I say. And that dumb smirk slid right off her face! Good.

"Urgh." Marcy rolled her eyes. "I'm here to talk to you about your relationship with Jaxon."

Now I was more than curious to know what she had to say but I schooled my features, not letting her read me at all.

************************************************

What do you think Marcy has to say?