Chapter 19

Megan's POV

After my last drink, everything started to get hazy and I began to feel disoriented and dizzy. I left the group and headed to the bathroom, stumbling the entire time I walked. I vaguely remember accidentally falling into a couple who pushed me away roughly and causing me to land on my ass. My vision began to blur in and out and I felt hot and sweaty. I sat there, on the ground, trying to orient myself. The room seemed like it was spinning and I felt like throwing up. I could hear my heartbeat in my ears beating slower and slower. Something wasn't right and I could tell that this wasn't normal drunkenness that I was experiencing. It felt more like an outer body experience; like the world was moving in slow motion.

Eventually everything began to fade to black and I was in and out of consciousness. At some point, I think I remember strong arms picking me up and propping me against a wall. I'm not entirely sure. 

"What the fuck are you guys doing?" The sound of Jasmine's voice pierced through the haze I was feeling. I didn't know who she was talking to as my head lulled to the side. The arms that were around me loosened their hold on me and I began to slump to the ground. 

"Holy shit, what the fuck is wrong with Megan?!" I could hear Jasmine yelling! I tried to speak up but my voice was slurred and incoherent. Eventually, everything turned to black.

*********************

Jasmine's POV

Tears began to stream down my face immediately the moment I saw my boyfriend and my best friend's lips interlocked. The first thing I felt was share shock and disbelief. After that, I think it was the natural response for me to automatically lose it. I began to pound on Darnell, forcing him to let Megan go. My fist was in mid-air when I finally noticed that Megan was actually unconscious. Dread seeped through my entire body and I completely stopped pounding on Darnell.  I dropped to my knees to check on Megan; fear completely taking over my mind. What the fuck happened? What the fuck was going on? Was Darnell just kissing her while she was passed out??? So many thoughts coursed through my mind all at once. Nothing made sense. Technically I was drunk, but in that moment, I sobered up instantly. 

I began to tap Megan's face, hoping that she would wake up. But it was futile. I looked up at Darnell with fire in my eyes. I was pissed. He was just sexually assaulting my best friend and he stood there so nonchalantly. I was done!

"Call the fucking ambulance you fucking piece of shit!" I yelled at him. Darnell looked confused and his eyes looked glossed over. He was moving too slow and he looked to be out of it as well. I couldn't wait on his imbecile brain to process what I was asking him to do. Instead, I snatched the phone out of his hand and did it myself. 

Moments later, Jaxon was beside me and asking what the hell happened. I couldn't even answer him. I just held Megan up as best as I could while all of the sounds around me seemed to fade into the background. Was this really happening right now? I couldn't even look at Darnell. He made me sick to my stomach. 

Eventually, the ambulance came and Megan was taken to the hospital. 

********************************

The next day, Megan was discharged from the hospital. The doctors confirmed that she was given some form of date rape drugs. Today, she would have a killer headache and she would need to hydrate herself, but outside of that, she would make a full recovery. 

I didn't know how to feel. Darnell was many things, but a rapist? It was crazy to think about. When Jaxon and I went to pick up Megan from the hospital, we barely even spoke to one another. He seemed contemplative and lost in his own thoughts. We asked her what she remembered and it wasn't much.