Chapter 12

Jasmine's POV

Later that night, we all dined together at a very cozy Greek restaurant in town. The lights were dim and the ambiance was soothing. The Robinson's sat across from me while I sat between Megan and Jaxon. On the other side of Jaxon was Marcy who was fully engaged and talking her head off.

"So Marcy, how did you meet my son?" Cindy asked genuinely interested in the details of her sons life. I rolled my eyes because this was all a sham. Why meet the parents if you have no intentions of taking this whole ordeal any further?

Every so often, I would glance at Megan with a sarcastic smirk plastered on my face as I rolled my eyes at how ridiculous this dinner was. Yeah, I know they wanted to celebrate Jaxon being home, but the whole meet and greet thing with his fuck buddy was such a joke. I continued to sip my tea and mind my own business.

My phone vibrated. I checked it and saw that it was Darnell. My thoughts immediately went to what my mom had said. Maybe I should try one last time to make it work with him. I was having second thoughts about exiting this loveless relationship. But if I just put a little more effort on my part, maybe it could work.

Darnell: Hey baby, I hope you're doing good.
Me:Now that I'm talking to you, my day has gotten a whole lot better.
Darnell: You don't know how much it means to me to hear you say that.
Me: ☺️☺️☺️
Darnell: I know in the past I've done some fucked up shit, but please believe me baby when I say I'm going to take care of you. I love you.
Me: Ima hold you to that promise ❤️

I didn't say I love you back because at this point, I wasn't sure that I was still in love with him. But listening to my moms advice, I think I owed it to the two years we've been together to try one last time to see what could happen.

I continued to text Darnell but was caught off guard when I looked up and saw Jaxon staring directly at me. Even when our eyes met, his eye contact never wavered. I felt as though I was caught doing something bad. I put my phone down and continued to eat. Jaxon's eyes lingered on me for a moment longer before turning his attention back to the conversation he was having with his parents and Marcy. Did he know I was texting Darnell? Ever since the other day when he came home and Darnell was manhandling me, Jaxon was NOT a fan of Darnell. But it was Only Jaxon. It didn't matter what he liked, I reasoned.

After this afternoon, I felt like the dynamic between Jaxon and I had shifted and I wasn't quit sure yet if it was good or bad. For one, I could admit to myself that I didn't hate him as much. Since being in Florida and staying with us, he was making it pretty hard to despise him. Especially when he's come to my rescue several times when I needed him. And two, I could finally admit that he was attractive to look at albeit not my type. Maybe the rest of the month might even be tolerable? Who knows?

I got up to use the restroom and came back. My leg accidentally brushed his leg and I stiffened immediately. Jaxon never stopped his conversation and I sighed in relief. After an afternoon of somewhat getting carried away and flirting, I didn't want him getting the wrong idea. A minute goes by and I pick up my phone again to finish texting Darnell. That's when I felt a hand on my knee. A jolt of electricity runs through my body. I shiver slightly before looking up. Jaxon removes his hand immediately and I wonder if it's because he's gotten my attention or if it's because he also felt the jolt? I give him a questioning look and he just glares at me. That's when I realize he must know who I'm talking to. I give Jaxon a silent, so what, look before continuing to text. It really didn't matter what he thought. I was grown and I could do what I wanted. I continued to text.

Dinner rolled by painfully slow.
*************
Later that night, we all made it back to the house around 9:30. Marcy clung to Jaxon's arms like her life depended on it. When I analyzed his body language, he didn't seem to mind how needy she seemed. The Robinson's bid us farewell before heading to bed. Jaxon and Marcy left also.

"Are you tired Jas?" Megan asked.

"No, I'm surprisingly wide awake."

"I wonder what Jax and Marcy are doing for the rest of the night?" She says and I lifted a brow.

"Megan, we both know the answer to that and I really would like NOT to think about your brother fucking anyone."

"Well, I wasn't thinking like that Jas. I was thinking that maybe we could all hang out. But since you brought it up, and your mind is in the gutter like always....let me go ahead and decipher what I think you actually meant by that statement. I think your more disgusted by the thought of him fucking someone else besides yourself." I rolled my eyes and playfully  pushed her.

"Girl... I never seen someone be so completely wrong! I think you lost your goddamn mind just like your brother and his fuck buddy."

"Someone sounds salty."

"Call it what you want. But nothing I've said has been untrue." Megan ignored my comment before turning on her heals and heading towards the kitchen. She poured herself a glass of white wine before taking a small swig and setting the glass down.

"How about we play a game of pool in the game room before calling it a night?" I agreed before also pouring myself a glass of wine and following Megan down the hall.

As we entered the room, my ears were immediately raped by the sound of lips smacking together. Not long after, my eyes caught up to the  revolting sounds I'd just heard. There, making out on the couch, was Marcy and Jaxon; Marcy straddling Jaxon's lap. My natural reaction confused me. First, I had a brief bout of anger that coursed through my veins before I schooled my emotions and remembered that this shouldn't affect me at all. The most I should be feeling was disgust; they really needed their own room.

They were so enthralled in their make out session that they didn't even notice us. I took another swig of my wine and tried to distract myself from this awkward encounter while Megan cleared her throat loudly. Marcy immediately jumped up nervously. When her eyes landed on us, she attempted to adjust herself and move off of Jaxon's lap.

" You two really should get a room." Megan said. I raised an eyebrow and sipped more wine. Jaxon looked between Megan and myself with a wicked smirk on his face. Although Marcy struggled against him, he brazenly grabbed Marcy's ass and held her in place on top of his lap. His eyes landed on mine and he watched my every move like a hawk. Was he gaging my reaction? I schooled my face and emotions but never lost eye contact. I was no pussy. He eventually broke our gaze. I watched as Marcy blushed and settled into his chest.

"If you didn't notice Megan, why get a room if this IS a room? It's a room that we were in first and now you and your lil friend over there are interrupting something important." My jaw twitched with irritation. It took all of two seconds for me to take back all of the positive shit I was beginning to think about Jaxon.

He literally just used my own words to mock me in front of Marcy. Yeah, It was inevitable; I still loathed him. I don't know what games he was playing with me but I was at my wits end with him. He was confusing. Everytime I came in contact with him, I didn't know which Jaxon I would be meeting.

I decided to ignore him and continue with our plans of playing pool. This weekend might have been all about him, but that didn't mean I had to put up with his foolery. I picked up the pool stick; ready to play my game and sip my wine while minding my own business.

************ Later that night***********

Knock, knock, knock.

There was a gentle knocking at my door. I wasn't asleep yet because I was caught up in a romance novel but when I looked at my phone screen, I was shocked that the time read 1:17am. Annoyed, I got out of my bed to open my room door. I knew damn well that Megan knew better than to wake me up this late. Even if I wasn't actually sleeping. She didn't know that. I opened the door firmly and opened my mouth ready to say some slick shit to Megan. Instead, I was speechless and confused.

"What are you doing here Jaxon???" I immediately crossed my arms around my body, now fully aware of how underdressed I was. My pajama shorts hugged my ass like underwear and my tank top barely covered my nipples.

*****************************************************

Comment + Likes Please. It would be greatly appreciated.

Why do you think Jaxon is at her door so late in the night????