Chapter 29

Jasmine's POV

Now a month later, and I was feeling much better. I still had to wear a sling on my arm but at least I started physical therapy which helped with the pain. When my YouTube family got word of the shooting, I tried my hardest to control the narrative on social media. Unfortunately, that was proving to be a bitch so I finally caved in and did a story time video. Yeah, I twisted most of the truth, but honestly, they didn't need to know all of the tea.

I still hadn't seen or heard from Darnell or Jaxon. I blocked Darnell out of every aspect of my life. I was done with toxic masculinity. On the other hand, even though I kept my distance from Jaxon, I still followed him on social media.

I was laying on my bed and browsing through Instagram when I saw a picture of him and Marcy posted up at the beach again. I don't care, I don't care, I don't care. I chanted to myself. The more I said it, it had to be true right? And to prove it to myself, I liked the picture. I rolled my eyes at the thought of him. It was clear that Jaxon and I were a mistake. "I love you Jasmine." His words crossed my mind again and I physically cringed. Urgh, the sound of his words echoing in my head caused me to squeeze my eyes shut and toss my phone away from me. That was enough of social media.

About an hour later and I heard Megan knocking on my door before she strolled in and plopped herself on my bed as usual. As she walked past me, the strong sent of her perfume permeated the air and nearly made me gag half to death! She looked at me like I had two heads.

"Girlllll, are you ok?" She gave me a side-eye that made me feel subconscious. Why the hell is she looking at me like that? I gave her the same side-eye while rolling my neck with attitude.

"Yeah, I just wished you would stop wearing that god awful perfume." I said disgusted. Megan squinted her eyes at me for a moment too long. She looked to be contemplating something before speaking again.

"Hmm, so you don't remember that you're the one who bought me this body wash Jas. Make it make sense. If you're mad at anyone, you should be mad at yourself for buying it for me." Did I buy that garbage? I could've sworn I had better taste than that.

"Well stop wearing it. It makes me want to puke every time that I smell it."

"Since when?" She questioned and I didn't answer so she continued. "A lot of things have been making you want to puke lately." She said suspiciously. I stared at her, waiting for her to get to the point. She sighed but didn't comment. Instead, she dropped the topic and invited me out for lunch.

"You've been cooped up for way too long in this house. Lets go and have lunch and some drinks." She was right, I needed to get some sun. The more I stayed in the house, the more lethargic and depressed I felt. This would be good for me.

*******************

I quickly got dressed and then we headed to Frankies, a local bar in downtown Fort Lauderdale. Once at the bar, I scanned over the menu several times but nothing appealed to me.

"What's up with you chica? We've been here for over 30 minutes and you still have yet to order your meal or a drink." She observed skeptically.

"Nothing sounds good." I said defensively. She wasn't buying it.

"We've easily been here a thousand times. You love this place." She eyed me suspiciously again. "What's really going on?" I shrugged my shoulders and was thankful that the waiter was walking by to change the subject. She finally took my order while Megan still glared at me confused. After the waiter left she couldn't hold her thoughts back.

"Bitch!? A house salad? You ordered a fucking house salad?....And then with a side of water? Who the fuck drinks water??? Who are you?" She began to look under the table and around the booth, looking for her best friend. I started laughing at how extra she was being. "You might as well have just ordered air!" She said while rolling her eyes. I rolled my eyes right back at her. Megan could be so dramatic sometimes. I shrugged my shoulders again.