Chapter 16

Jaxon's POV

After the weekend, I convinced Jasmine to let the whole Marcy incident go and I promised her that I would talk to her. Ever since then, Jasmine hasn't really spoken to me. If I was being totally honest, it seemed like she was avoiding me. We got back on Sunday night and it was Tuesday now, and we have yet to speak. We've been in the same room as one another on multiple occasions and still, she just walks right past me like I'm invisible. If there is one thing I don't do, I don't stress of bullshit. I just take the hint and don't say shit to her either. What else could I do? The silence between us was so noticeable that even Megan had to comment on it.

When I got home after work on Tuesday, Megan was in the kitchen grabbing a water bottle while Jasmine was in the living room writing in her journal. When I walked in, Megan acknowledged me but Jasmine just kept on writing. This was the new norm. I was beginning to think that maybe I really was invincible. Megan cleared her throat.

"Am I missing something?" She asked confused; looking back and forth between the two of us.

"What's there to be confused about?" Jasmine stopped writing and finally looked up. Megan pointed at the two of us.

"I know you guys aren't each others most favorite people in the world, but damn....it's been days and you guys haven't said a single word to one another." I didn't have anything to say except shrug my shoulders. I was just as confused. I sat down on the couch, and pulled out my phone to scroll through my social media. Jasmine gave an, I don't know what to tell ya, look before continuing to write.

 Jasmine gave an, I don't know what to tell ya, look before continuing to write

"ooooooo......k. So i'll just be leaving for the gym now. Be good kids. Try not to do anything I wouldn't do." With that being said Megan was gone and Jasmine and I were left in the living room in complete silence.

I wanted to bring up the kiss from the other day and clear the air but I felt like maybe it might just make things worst. I shouldn't have kissed her. And I honestly don't know what came over me. She was looking vulnerable and I wanted to comfort her the best way I knew how. I sighed heavily and Jasmine looked up at me. It was the first acknowledgment I've received from her since we've come home from the beach house.

I eventually put my phone down and picked up my PS4 controller. I turned on Mortal Kombat and began to choose my character.

"You haven't spoken to me in days." I state without looking back at her. I hear Jasmine close her journal.

"And that's a problem because??" she asks genuinely confused.

"We kissed."

"Correction, you kissed me."

"But you liked it."

"That's a bold assumption."

"But it's not inaccurate." There's a long pause so I look over to Jasmine and she's shaking her head with a smirk on her face.