Chapter 35

Jaxon's POV

I peered over at my car's dashboard and looked at the time. It was 7:45pm and there was still no word from Jasmine. I spoke with her right before she went into her moms house and she seemed fine. After that, I don't know what happened to her but I was completely frustrated with how easy it was for Jasmine to flip flop on how she was feeling that day.

Every call I made went straight to voicemail and every text I sent went unread. All of this left me so unsure of where I stood with this woman. I thought we were good. Especially since we had been texting and calling each other none stop since I confronted her earlier in the week. She knew the whole Marcy situation was going to be handled this weekend.

The only thing I knew right now was that Jasmine owed me one hell of an explanation for ghosting me like this.

As I gripped the steering wheel hard, I could see the blood drain from my knuckles as my hand turned translucently white. I gazed down at my phone and anxiously hoped that there would finally be some sort of response from Jas but I already knew that it was pointless. This is why I was headed straight to her house. I refused to play this cat and mouse game with this woman; especially now that I knew she was carrying my child.

It was frustrating on so many different levels because for one, every time I felt like I was making headway with Jas and we were moving 5 steps forward, she would block our progress and pull us 10 steps back. All week we were doing good. So I desperately needed to know what happened today.

This sucked even more because I planned a surprise for her and now it was completely ruined. I made dinner reservations that we missed over an hour ago.

I realized that I needed to make more of an effort to properly date Jasmine and build that trust that we were lacking in our relationship. Thinking about it, it was crazy how we went from zero to 100 without actually doing the things normal couples do like go out on actual dates. So tonight, I wanted to show her how much I valued her.  I swiped my hand through my hair as I sighed out in frustration.

It was a shame that my reservation at the upscale Miami Beach restaurant, Barton G, fell through. The restaurant was known for it's crazy over the top food presentations.

(^^^Example of Barton G's food presentation)I swear to god it felt like I had to sell off an arm and a leg just to secure our reservation and afford this dinner

I swear to god it felt like I had to sell off an arm and a leg just to secure our reservation and afford this dinner. But none of that mattered now.

It sucked that I felt like I was ready to put my all in for this relationship while Jasmine was willing to only give us the bare minimum. I wanted her to know that this wasn't a game for me anymore. But here we were once again. Jasmine's not answering her phone and I'm left feeling confused as hell. If she's pushing me away again, at what point do I throw in the towel and say that I'm done?  I shook my head in confusion. I had to see where her head was before I made any rash decisions. I wish she would better communicate if there was a problem.