𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖔

❛❛ how about a small bet?
for old times sake ❜❜

❛❛ how about a small bet?for old times sake ❜❜

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ❀ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"why dont you settle down hwa? or at least get yourself a lady"

the said man looks at him, a brow raised as he sips on his drink, feeling the bitter liquid as it runs down his throat.

"you're asking me that when your royal ass isnt even married"

hongjoong looks at him, his hand rising to his chest as he fakes a look of disbelief "well, this royal ass is busy managing the kingdom. who knew being king was going to be this hard.. plus, if i do end up courting someone, it'll be the day im actually required to marry. im too busy for that kind of stuff seonghwa and you're older than me"

the black haired shrugs "and you think i have the time? im busy too your highness... and age doesn't have anything to do with this!" he retorts.

the red head king frowns "you're just scared hwa. people around fear you, you know that"

"im not afraid of anything hongjoong" he sips his drink again "and let them fear me. that's what i want anyway. less people to deal with, more time to do my job"

hongjoong clicks his tongue "nah. you're just afraid of commitment. you're scared that your future wife would just stick with you just because she's terrified"

seonghwa rolls his eyes "i just dont have time hongjoong. i've got another mission to carry out and i have to take rounds all over the kingdom. i've gotten reports of thieves and—"

the red head places his hand up, stopping the older mid-sentence "we're at a party to celebrate you're victory against the attack from valkyrie. dont mention anything about work"

it was true, they were at a party.

seonghwa was forced to go out of his manor just to attend this party which he deemed stupid and unnecessary.

he was standing beside the king, just outside were they stood in the balcony that overlooked outside and into the village.

everyone in the kingdom was invited to celebrate and it did not surprise them that more than half of the people had attended.

seonghwa leans on the ledge, facing the door that had led them outside. he meets eyes with a random girl who looks at him quickly before shriveling away in fear. he smirks at this as hongjoong shook his head.

"how about a small bet? for old times sake" the king fixes his coat as he eyes the boy beside him.

seonghwa raises a brow in curiosity "what type of bet?"

"mhm if i randomly wave inside and someone bows, you win. but if someone actually waves back, you lose"

seonghwa snorts "you know you're bound to lose right? you're the king for goodness sake, of course they'll bow"