𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊 • part 1

❛❛ i said. leave ❜❜

 ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ❀ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ❀ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

jiyeol sat alone in the library, the subtle glow of the fireplace lighting up her face in an orange hue.

nightfall had already come and the sounds they heard from upstairs has somewhat quiet down, and it honestly worried her more.

questions full of what ifs invaded her mind, shaking her head to dismiss the thoughts as she stares at the photo album in her hand.

it was already relatively late at night, the brothers and the brunette having to already retreat in their rooms as they aimed to catch up on slumber... but jiyeol just couldnt find sleep, that's why she busied herself inside the library, flipping through the photo album again.

her hands stopped at a portrait of the general's mother— the woman's mouth was set into a soft smile and in her hand held a small bundle of flowers.

jiyeol's index finger reached up to something set in between the pages, her eyes blinking as to why she wasnt able to notice this earlier.

it was a small cluster of forget-me-not flowers, its blue pigment somewhat faded as it was left there to dry.

she touches it carefully as a stray tear suddenly falls from her eye, her breathing hitched as the droplet lands in the photo of his mother.

she blinks her eyes again as she closes the album and uses the back of her hand to wipe her eyes.

why am i crying?

jiyeol places the album back to where san hid it and exits the library, her feet adjusting as it felt slightly numb.

her feet slowly trailed up the stairs, her mind buzzing with thoughts as she looks back and forth the steps that separated the left wing and the ring wing.

she bites the inside of her cheek as she contemplates in her spot.

she heaves a heavy sigh as she just lets her feet take her up the stairs and towards the destination in her mind.

༺❀༻

the girl brings a shaky hand up, her fist balled rather tightly as they hover above the wooden surface of the general's door.

she takes a deep breath before landing a soft knock on it, twisting the knob slowly as her head peeks inside.

the room seemed darker than before, the candle lights open as it gave the room it's usual minty lavender scent.

her eyes adjusted for a moment before scanning around, her heart pounding when she spots the general sitting on his table.

his eyes were trained on the big windows, the curtains pulled back to let the moonlight enter his room.