𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖊𝖓

❛❛ you heard me ❜❜

 ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : - ⭒ ❀ ⭒ - : ✧ : -˚̣⋅

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : - ⭒ ❀ ⭒ - : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

jiyeol's head shot up, her mouth releasing a small yelp at the sudden voice. the book she held closed shut as her hands flew to her chest.

"you shocked me" she breathes, feeling her heart pump just a little faster than usual.

"i can see that" seonghwa deadpans.

he crosses his arms together, the silk material of his nightwear slightly riding up his wrists.

out of his usual uniform or formal attire, he was now wearing something similar to her-- a matching navy blue silk pajama set that hung loosely on his body.

even though his face was still set in its normal state, seonghwa kinda looked... soft? with his hair down and slightly tousled.

"what are you doing here?" jiyeol asks, eyes looking down on the book closed on her lap. she frowns.

seonghwa eyed her as he took a seat on the couch chair, balancing his elbows by his thighs "i asked you first"

the girl narrows her eyes at him "as you could have seen, i was reading"

the man raised a brow, his voice still neutral as he speaks "what's with that tone?"

she shrugs "what tone?"

seonghwa inhales sharply, pinching the bridge of his nose as he snapped his eyes at her "oh aurora, stop me"

"did you say something?"

his voice turned eerily low, the flames of the fireplace illuminating his face in a subtle orange glow.

"you know. it's very tempting to kill you right now, nobody would know if i bury your body on the garden outside"

much to his annoyance, jiyeol ignores his threat.

the general didn't have to vocalize it, she knew well enough that she should always have her guard up when he's around.

"what are you doing here?" she directs the question back to him "you said you were tired"

the raven haired ruffled his bangs before slumping down on the couch, sinking into the soft velvet beneath "i wasnt tired. i just didnt want to see you anymore"

she lets out a sound close to a choke, scoff and laugh mixed together "excuse me?"

"you heard me" he closes his eyes tight.

"then what are you doing here?" jiyeol completely disregards the book she was reading, placing it down to her lap as she crosses her arms together.

"when i cant fall asleep, i go here to the library- wait, why am i telling you this" his hands plop down to the armrest of the couch "leave, i want to be alone"