Chapter 1: My bestfriend and I.

*Knock knock* Someone is at the door.
"Coming!" I said running towards the door. Its obviously Sam, I can hear her singing.

"Hey Roderick you ready for school?" Sam singsongs. Sam was about 5'5 the same height as me;if not a little shorter. Beautiful with brown hair and hispanic brown skin. Also my bestfriend since kindergarten.

"Yea." I murmur.

We walked to the bus stop and it was 6:15, our bus always comes at 6:30 on the dot.

"So... I learned how to go soul reaper on command." she whispers excitedly.

"Really?! Wow that's amazing!" I said, with sarcasm dripping from my words.

"Yea it was kind of an accident though-" she was explaining but I kinda had got distracted by some spiritual pressure in the distance, it was too far to react and it was very strong so it could be a hallow, although...there were no roars so it must be another soul reaper.

"Isn't that something?" She said.

"Yea, you sure were happy when you learned that technique."

"Technique? You mean you already knew how to do that! You jerk!" She pushed me and started hitting me.

"How dare you let me blab on like that if your not even impressed!"

"My bad, but hey you felt that right?"

"Felt what? Oh you rubbing on me, of course." She said with a wolfish smile.

"No, I meant that spiritual pressure." We sat on the curb waiting on the bus to appear.

"Hey Roderick do me a favor and let Davon hit that girl one time, I'll pay you," Stirling said to me. Stirling was a fat dark skinned guy who liked picking on Ryan and I. Though we never fought I am not afraid of him.

"Hell if I let that happen then what kind of friend would I be... tell you what if all of you can beat me up then you all can have some of Sam."

"Yea and I'll have a smile and probably take control." Sam said looking at me giving the ok.

I stood up, and Stirling walked up and his little group followed. He swung a punch at me, I slapped his fist away and before I could counter, the bus pulled up.

"Roderick play time is over, lets go."

"Save me a seat." I glared at Stirling backing away.

"K babes."

I walked on the bus looking for Sam and she decided to sit in the back side so I had to walk all the way back there.

"Move nigga get off me!" Sam yelled.

I ran toward her, pushing everyone out the way. When I got close the attacker backed off. I sat down next to her. I was really tired so I got in a position to fall asleep.

" Hey can I use your backpack?" I asked Sam.

"Yeah." she pulled it up from the ground.

I put it on her legs and laid down on it. She put her hand on me and I can tell she was still tired too because she turned to the window, and fell asleep.

We finally got to school and I was fast asleep.

" Wake up or I'm gonna have to kiss you." She said.

I woke up to the sound of her voice and not what she said. I wouldn't mind if she kissed me; she does it all the time any way. We walked to our group of friends, there was nothing special about them, they were just normal people, but I would protect them at all costs. The main people in the squad I really talk too is Meleny, Pilar and Priscilla, they are twin sisters. Diana, Leslie, Grislda (she had a big butt),Sam obviously, Virgil, Yahir, Chirstain, Alex, and just so you know the three leaders its Ryan, Joel and me of course.

"Sup fool." Alex said shaking my hand.

" Hey girl!" Grislda said to Sam.

"Hey big booty!" Sam said back.

"Hey where's Joel?" I asked.

"He went with some chulos to go fight the kickers." Ryan said. The kickers were a gang started by me and Joel's ex. Sami, her brother Samuel and his bestfriend. They pretty much hate us because Ryan and Sami never got along.

"Hey Ryan." Sam went to hug him.

I watched as Ryan rubbed her on the back, feeling her bra strap in the hug.

" Hey man we just gonna sit here and do nothing?" I asked.

" Naw he told us to stay here."

"Like we're gonna listen, Alex and Dana go see what's up."

"Hell naw I can't get in trouble no more." Alex said with caution.

"Why-"

"WORLDSTAR!" someone shouted, when someone says that its usually a fight.

We all ran towards the noise which was upstairs, We see Joel's hair and we enter in the fight. I grabbed a kicker and punched him in his face, making him black out for a few seconds, knocking him on the ground. Someone tripped me but I fell on my hands and sprung back up. Sam grabbed one of their girls and started boxing with her. Joel was getting double teamed in the commotion.

"Ryan get Joel!" I ordered.

"Ok!" He shouted back.

I kicked the guy in front of Ryan in the stomach then pushed him on the ground. The teachers didn't want to get in a fight this big so they just watched.

"There's too many!" Grislda said.

We started breaking off, running in different directions. Christain and Virgel got left behind. I was running fast...real fast. I started using my chakra- one of my power source's and I dashed to safety dodging teachers, when I was clear I found myself down stairs in the cafeteria and then the bell rung to go to first period. So I thought I would just blend in and walked to Mrs.buodra's speech class. I wonder who made it out....I know Sam got loose because of her spiritual energy, she could of easily transferred it to her feet and ran faster. I was thinking to myself.

I finally arrived in first period and Ryan was there.

"Hey you made it out?"

"Yeah it was hard though cause I had to break in a classroom and I hid in there but they almost caught me, the teacher ratted me out, but the bell rung and kids started coming in and I went out."

"Damn. Hey who do you think got caught?" I asked.

"Christian and Virgil and a kicker."

"That's it!?"

"Yeah we all met up at the portables, except you but we knew you and Sam didn't get caught."