Chapter Three

The hug lasted several minutes, neither wanting to let go. David finally started pulling away, and he stood up and started pacing in front of where Natalie sat on the bed.

'Look, Nat.' David began. 'Natalie. I think - today got me thinking. About me. And you. And us...'

'David we talked about this...' Natalie started to interrupt, only to be interrupted by David in return.

'I know we talked about it. About how we're friends. And how the relationship we have is so special. I agree I don't want anything to ruin it and lose you. I can't lose you. But today made me realize I could lose you.' Words started coming out of David quickly. He didn't even know what he was saying, his brain was working so fast trying to get all his thoughts out.

'I love you Natalie. As more than just a friend. Life is so short. I didn't know if you were okay today and it literally destroyed me. I couldn't do anything. All I could think about was that if you were okay we needed to revisit this. Us.'

Natalie sat up a little straighter on David's bed. A slight blush on her cheeks as she heard David talking.

'Dave...'

'No Nat, please. Just let me finish,' David pleaded with her. Natalie nodded her head and David continued.

'I know you're nervous about what could happen. Being in the public eye makes this a million times more complicated than it already is. And we both know that it doesn't make it any easier. I mean look what happened with me and Liza. I shouldn't have brought up Liza. I don't still love Liza. I mean yeah I care about her. I wish her nothing but the best. But I don't LOVE love Liza anymore. I don't think these feelings I have for you are ever going to change. I don't want anyone but you. And the thought of you with anyone else makes me want to scratch my eyes out. I mean seeing how all the guys look at you is bad enough but if I knew that you liked them back I think my heart would die.' The words coming out of David's mouth just continued. He was running his hands through his hair so much that he was starting to look like an evil scientist.

Natalie stoop up off the bed and approached David. She grabbed his hand that was mid way through his hair and guided him back to the bed where he sat down. Natalie stood before him and placed her hands on each shoulder.

'Dave look at me,' she spoke softly. David looked into her eyes and felt some of the stress and tension he was carrying fade away. Natalie was always able to do that for him. Calm him down.

'Look, I get it. Okay? I think what we have is more than friendship. And you're right. I am nervous about what would happen if we tried to take things to the next level. I love you. Which is weird to say because I also like you...' Natalie blushed as she said that. A wide smile spread on David's lips.

'I sound like I'm in kindergarten.' Natalie mumbled.

David places his hands on Natalies hips and brought them around her lower back pulling her into a hug. Natalie sat down beside David on his bed and grabbed his hand interlocking their fingers. She brought their joint hands onto her lap and started to play with the rings David was wearing.

'So....' Natalie started shyly. 'What happens now?'

David smiled as he brought his face closer to Natalie. Staring into her eyes and asking for permission to what they both wanted to happen.

Natalie blushed once more and gave a little nod. That was all David needed to close the gap between them and kiss her. He brought his free hand up to cup her cheek and Natalie dropped his other hand to wrap her arms around his neck. As the kiss ended and they rested their foreheads against each other, Natalie was slowly playing with the hair at the nap of David's neck. David smiled at the feeling and leaned in to give her another peck. Natalie was leaning in again when David's phone started ringing from the bedside table.

'Ugh! Of course,' David said in exasperation as he leaned back to take the call.

'Hey Jace. Yeah we are both fine. Yes I apologized to her. I know I was being kind of a dick. I was worried okay!' Natalie smiled as she listened to her best friend talk to Jason. As the call continued David sat back up so he was beside her again and grabbed her hand.

All of a sudden all the lights turned on and a loud noise came from the TV in the living room making Natalie jump and scream.

David laughed, 'that was the power turning back on.' He chuckled. 'I better go.'

David hung up the phone and looked at Natalie with so much admiration. Natalie blushed once more and leaned in, giving David a quick kiss before getting up and walking into the living room.

'We better start getting everything organized,' she said as she left.

David sat there for a moment just smiling. Happy with how the day took this turn and he finally got what he was waiting his whole life for. A chance with Natalie.