Chapter Forty Four

Hello again! I published the one shot book! It's called Datalie Song Fic - One Shots! I'd be super appreciative if you guys checked it out! Also feel free to leave comments on there for other songs you want! I have a couple more drafts ready to go, so I'm hoping to update every other/couple of days on there! Once again thank you so much for all the love and support!

-J

David woke up to Natalie already awake, laying on his chest. He smiled while he watched her admire the ring on her finger, he pulled her closer to him and Natalie finally noticed he was awake.

'Morning fiancé,' she smiled and leaned her head up to kiss his jaw.

'Morning,' he let out a little laugh and kissed her hair.

'I can't believe you said yes,' David admitted and Natalie smiled up at him.

'Why?' She looked into his eyes as she asked the question.

'Well we've only been dating a couple of months, I don't know. Part of me thought you were going to tell me to wait or something. Especially since we had that huge fight the night before. And there was only like a three day window where Saturn's Rings were visible, and I wanted to use that because it was perfect but I was trying to think of other ways to propose just in case that didn't work out and nothing else seemed to do it justice and,' David was cut off from his ramble with a kiss that started at his jaw and then moved to his mouth as Natalie sat up more.

'It was perfect,' she said when they broke apart and David smiled.

'Besides, just because we're engaged doesn't mean we have to get married tomorrow. Why don't we wait until next year? Then we can plan the perfect wedding,' Natalie added.

'Whatever you want,' David said and turned to look at his closed bedroom door when he heard a noise come from the living room.

'I didn't know anyone was coming over today?' Natalie asked and David reached for his phone.

'No one texted me, and it's still pretty early. Stay here, I'm going to go check it out,' David said and made a move to get out of bed.

'Dave, no. What if someone broke in or something?' Natalie clung to him.

'It's fine, I have a bat in my closet,' Natalie let David go and he disappeared into his closet, emerging with a bat a couple seconds later.

He walked quietly to the door and was about to open it when Natalie gently put a hand on his back. David jumped slightly and Natalie let out a quiet giggle.

'Stay here,' David said again and Natalie shook her head.

'No way, I'll stay behind you but that's the best offer you're going to get,' she whispered while grabbing the back of his shirt and angling her body so it was fully behind his.

'We're engaged for a day and you're already bossing me around,' David mumbled and Natalie hid her face into his back to muffle the little giggle she once again let out. Both of them got serious as David slowly turned the doorknob and quietly opened the door. They tip toed into the living room but didn't see anyone in the vicinity. They heard a sound come from the kitchen and Natalie tightened her grip on David's shirt as they slowly crept to get a better view.

David was just about to round the corner when someone walked right in front of them. David held up the bat, ready to swing and Natalie screamed.

'AH! DAVE WHAT THE FUCK?!' The intruder yelled as he brought his arms up to shield his face.

'Jason? What the hell are you doing here?' David yelled and Natalie put a hand to her chest trying to calm her racing heart.

'You guys disappeared last night so I figured you didn't get much footage. I thought I'd stop by and get some work done so I'd be ready to go when you woke up and we can film,' Jason said as he tried to get his breathing back to normal. Natalie laughed at how ridiculous the whole situation was and David wrapped his arm around her.

'I know you're old, but there's this thing called texting, you can send me one when you just randomly show up to my house at 8 in the morning,' David said sarcastically but Jason was no longer paying attention. He was staring at Natalie.

'What's on your hand?' He asked, ignoring David's comment and Natalie lifted her right hand to look at it.

'I know I need a manicure but you don't need to expose me like that Jace,' she laughed and Jason rolled his eyes.

'You're other hand,' he said and walked toward the couple to pick up Natalie's left hand and look at the engagement ring on her finger.

'Is this?' Jason asked and stared over at David.

'Did you?' He asked and turned to look at Natalie.

'But when?' He kept looking between the two of them who were sharing a loving glance.

'Oh yeah, I asked Nat to marry me last night,' David admit nonchalantly.

'WHAT!' Jason yelled causing Natalie to jump and scream at the noise.

'Jason, I'd appreciate if you didn't give my fiancé a heart attack before we even got married,' David laughed and Jason rolled his eyes.

'Really Nat, this guy? Blink twice if he's holding you hostage,' Jason rebutdtaled causing all three to laugh. Natalie made an exaggerated first blink and then held her eyes open for as long as she could. When they were finally dry and she blinked again Jason wrapped an arm around her.

'I knew it. Come on sweetie, let's get you out of here,' Jason said and started to guide Natalie toward the front door. David laughed and grabbed Natalie's hand as they passed him. She laughed and clung to his hand, happy to be drawn into his arms.

'Yeah really, this guy,' Natalie looked up at David with love in her eyes. She stood on her tip toes and planted a kiss on his lips.

'Ew, get a room,' Jason faked a gag and laughed when the two broke apart rolling their eyes.

'We were in a room when someone broke into our house,' David said and Natalie laughed, burying her face into David's chest.

'Oh, big man gets engaged one time and he's all of a sudden a cocky little fuck,' Jason joked and all three laughed again.

'Ha, ha, very funny,' David exaggerated his fake laugh.

'Yeah Jace, don't be silly, he's always been a cocky little fuck,' Natalie added.

'I'll show you a cocky little fuck,' David said with a wiggle of his eyebrow and Natalie rolled her eyes.

'Don't be gross, we have company,' she said and they both turned their attention back to Jason who was staring at them with an amused smile on his face.

'You guys really are perfect for each other hey?' He asked with a laugh.