Chapter Twenty Seven

After the cab dropped off Ilya at his apartment it made its way back to the hotel. Jason started to make his way to the door of the hotel when he saw Natalie struggling to hold David up.

'How much did he drink?' She asked with a heavy sigh as David sloppily draped himself over her.

'He was pretty torn up when you guys got to the club, I think I saw him take six shots back to back,' Jason replied and David groaned as they maneuvered into the elevator.

'I guess getting sucker punched can only sober you up so much,' Jason jokes and David slid down the wall and sat on the ground as the elevator climbed floors.

'Dave, babe look at me,' Natalie knelt down in front of him and tried to get him to focus on her.

'We're almost there okay? I just need you to walk down the hall and then you can go to bed.' Natalie's eyes pleaded with David to get up and walk.

'I'm tired Nat,' David slurred and he reached out for her but missed and his hand fell by his side.

'I know, I know, just easy now,' Natalie said as her and Jason each took an arm and lifted him to his feet.

The three of them staggered down the hallway and to their room. They managed to get into their suite and close to David's room when he groaned again.

'I'm gonna puke,' he slurred out and ran to the bathroom.

Natalie and Jason looked at each other before going to help. Jason went to get some water and Natalie into the bathroom to make sure David was okay.

The toilet flushed as Natalie entered and David was laying on the floor beside it. Natalie sat beside him and started rubbing his back. Jason came in with some water and David sat up again to drink it.

'How are you doing man?' Jason asked and David dry heaved in response. He laid back down, this time placing his head in Natalie's lap. She started brushing his hair off of his forehead and looked at his face.

'Hey Jace, could you grab me some ice please?' She asked and Jason nodded his head and went to go get some.

She continued brushing the hair out of David's face and he closed his eyes and hummed at her touch. Jason came back with a bag of ice and wrapped it in a towel before handing it to Natalie.

'This is going to be cold okay?' Natalie told David and went to place the ice against his bruising cheek. David let out a little wince and his eyebrows furrowed as the ice hit his skin.

'Hey, I'm going to go into the living room if that's okay with you guys, just holler if you need something,' Jason told them as he exited the bathroom.

David and Natalie sat in silence for a little bit when David let a little snore escape his lips.

'Babe, wake up okay?' Natalie asked him and shifted trying to encourage him to sit up again.

'Why?' David whined but sat up anyways and leaned against the wall across from Natalie. She scooted closer in front of him and lifted his head.

'Look at me,' Natalie told him and David opened his eyes in Natalie's direction.

'You're having a hard time focusing your eyes, I can't tell if it's because your drunk or you have a concussion,' Natalie said with concern and David tried his best to focus on her. She lifted the ice to his cheek again.

'I don't want you to get into fights all the time or something, but the black eye is a little hot,' Natalie flirted and David smiled and let out a laugh.

'It's probably because I look so tough,' he joked in return and Natalie rolled her eyes.

'No, I don't think that's it,' she laughed back and David managed to focus his eyes a little more.

'Dick,' he murmured and hung his head to rest it on her shoulder. Natalie laughed and placed a kiss to his forehead.

'Okay tough guy, think you can make it to the bed?' David have his head a little nod and stood up with Natalie's help.

The walk to the bed went better than expected as David sobered up more. Natalie got him sitting down against the headboard and lifted his chin so he was looking at her. He gave her a weak smile that Natalie returned.

'Okay, you're focusing a bit better, I think you're just drunk,' she told him and David stuck his tongue out at her.

'Very mature,' Natalie said sarcastically.

'Alright,' she got up from the side of the bed she had been sitting on.

'Try and get some sleep okay?' She asked and started to walk to the door.

'NO!' David shouted and Natalie jumped a little at the unexpected noise.

'Don't go! Please. Stay with me tonight?'

'I'm just going to get you some more water and some pain meds for the morning.' She came back and kissed his forehead again.

'Go to sleep and I'll be back soon okay?' She asked him and he nodded his head.

'This isn't a dream right?' David asked sheepishly.

'We're really okay? I didn't screw this up?' He asked and Natalie's heart melted.

'You didn't screw anything up,' Natalie told him and brushed his hair away from his face. He closed his eyes and nestled into his pillow more. Natalie pulled the blanket up over him and made sure his breathing evened out before she got up again.

'Nat, I love you,' David mumbled and Natalie smiled as she closed the door behind her and went to join Jason in the living room.