Chapter Thirty Four

'What are you doing?' David laughed as he saw Natalie put her phone away.

'I just made an Instagram story,' she answered and started to get excited what she saw a McDonald's come into view.

'You should delete that,' he said softly and Natalie looked offended.

'Why? It already leaked that we're dating,' Natalie moved so she wasn't facing David as much and his hand fell off her thigh.

'Because you don't want people to find out officially like that,' David told her as he brought his hand back to the steering wheel.

'You don't want the public to know about us?'

'That's not what I said. I know you Nat, and you're drunk. You might think this is a good idea right now, but I don't want you to regret it in the morning,' David pulled into the drive thru and their conversation was put on pause.

Natalie was in thought but heard David order for her and himself before driving around and paying for their food. He went to the next window to pick it up before making their way back to the hotel again.

'I don't want to delete it,' Natalie finally told him after a couple minutes.

'Nat,' David started to argue with her but Natalie cut him off.

'No Dave. I'm serious. I don't care if people know that we're together. I love you and I don't want to hide that anymore,' she said and crossed her arms to solidify her point. David smiled at her admittance and took out his phone and started recording her.

'What did you just say?' He asked her and Natalie spoke again.

'I'm not taking the video down,' she told him.

'And why is that?' David asked.

'Because I want people to know I love you,' Natalie replied.

'And what did I say?' David asked again and Natalie rolled her eyes.

'That I'm drunk and should take the video down,' she pouted slightly and spoke again before David had a chance to ask another question.

'I'm not going to do it!' She said again and David laughed.

'So this is proof that I tried to get you to take it down, and if you're upset about it in the morning I can't be to blamed. Right?' David asked and Natalie rolled her eyes again.

'Yes David,' she said and David gave a triumphant smile before putting his phone away.

He leaned over and kissed her, she tasted salty from the fries she had been eating on the way from McDonald's and David smiled into the kiss.

'We're officially dating then,' he said, his lips ghosting against hers as he spoke because of how close their faces were.

'Yay,' Natalie said and kissed him again.

'Good, now lets go upstairs. We need to be up in like three hours,' he said and got out of the car. The walk to the hotel room was more difficult that David was expecting. Not only was he handling the two bags of McDonald's they had gotten, but Natalie apparently forgot how to walk.

Natalie kept stumbling into David when he finally wrapped an arm around her shoulders to steady her. Natalie nuzzled into his side and slipped her hand under his shirt.

'Nat,' David warned and Natalie threw her head back in a giggle that almost made her fall over. They approached the room and David managed to get the key card in and door unlocked. Natalie stumbled over to the couch before sitting down.

'Fooooooooood please!' Natalie sang and David smiled before walking over to her and unpacking the bags of McDonald's. They ate quickly and when they were finished Natalie laid down on the couch.

'I'm sleepy Dave,' she said softly and started to close her eyes.

'I know babe, but we're so close to the bed, come on,' David tried to get her to sit up but Natalie whined. David let out a sigh and picked her up bridal style going towards their room in the suite.

'You guys okay?' Jason asked from the doorway of his room, having been woken up by their voices.

'Yeah, sorry Jace, we're just heading to bed. I'll see you in like two hours,' David said and Jason gave a weak nod before turning around and going back into his room. David carried Natalie to their bed and placed her down. She gave a content sigh and rolled over. David smiled and went to the washroom.

'David?' He heard Natalie call out and poked his head into the room, his toothbrush still in his mouth.

'Come to bed,' Natalie had her arms flung over where David's body should be in the bed and David mumbled out a soon before going to finish brushing his teeth.

He made his way over to the bed and laid down. Natalie immediately found him and cuddled into him. She slipped a cold hand under his shirt and stuck her cold feet against his leg but David didn't care. Her head was on his chest and he could already hear her even breathing as he drifted off to sleep.