Chapter Forty 

Natalie slowly opened her eyes and looked up at David. He was still sleeping and she decided to let him sleep as long as possible. She slipped out of the bed and walked quietly to the door, slowly opening and closing it behind her.

'Oh hey,' Taylor spoke from her spot on the couch next to Joe and Jason, all three quietly working.

'Hey, sorry I didn't know anyone was here,' Natalie ran a hand through her hair to try and tame it, and went to the kitchen to get something to eat. She made her way back to the living room with a bowl of yogurt and berries.

'No problem. How's it going?' Jason asked cautiously, and him, Joe and Taylor all looked at Natalie waiting for her answer.

'You mean since my spaz yesterday?' She asked, trying to joke about it slightly.

'Yeah, what happened?' Jason asked.

'I saw a message on David's phone from Liza asking if they were still on for dinner, and he never told me about it. And all of a sudden I was convinced he was leaving me for her. It's dumb,' she added, looking at her three friends as they absorbed what she was saying.

'Well it's not dumb if it made you upset,' Taylor said and Natalie flashed a grateful smile in her direction. Taylor was always able to make Natalie confident in her emotions and choices. She never judged or joked at her expense and Natalie really appreciated that.

'Man, no wonder I'm single,' Jason gave a little laugh as he spoke, and then continued when everyone raised an eyebrow in question at his statement.

'Well think about it. David is literally so head over heels in love with Natalie and she still thought he was going to dump her. Does that mean there are people out there who like me and I just don't see it?'

'I don't think that's it,' Joe chimed in and Jason rolled his eyes.

'Gee, thanks,' Jason laughed along with everyone else.

'Well, we talked and it's all good. Actually that reminds me I should set up a time David can meet up with Liza again since he sent Zane in his place yesterday,' Natalie said as she pulled out her phone to text Liza.

Natalie: hey, sorry David couldn't make it yesterday. Is there a different day that works for you? I can put it in his schedule.

When Natalie looked up from her phone her friends were looking at her confused.

'What?' She asked.

'Did you and David not just have the biggest fight ever because he was going to dinner with Liza?' Joe asked and Natalie nodded her head, and then shrugged.

'Well kind of. But I'm not going to be the person who tells David who he can and can't see. I don't want to be in a relationship like that. It was more of a miscommunication than anything. I have to trust David. And I do,' she said and her friend slowly nodded along with her.

'Man, that is so mature,' Taylor said.

'How are you so mature but dating David?' Jason asked, earning some giggles.

'I heard that,' David said as he exited his bedroom and made his way to sit beside Natalie on the couch. He flung his arm around her and she leaned into him. He placed a kiss in her hair and pulled a blanket up to cover them.

Liza: I could do tomorrow if that works for him?

Natalie checked David's calendar and quickly added it in.

Natalie: tomorrow is perfect, same time and place. It's in his calendar so he'll see you tomorrow.

Liza: great! Thanks

'You have a make up dinner tomorrow with Liza,' Natalie told David and he gave his head a tentative nod.

'Okay, want to come with me?' He asked and Natalie placed her hand on his thigh under the blanket.

'No that's okay, you go. I trust you,' she said to him, making David smile and lean in for a kiss. They broke apart quickly at Jason making pretend gagging sounds.

'So, what's the plan for today?' David asked and was thrown a microphone.

'Podcast!' Joe said and began to set up all the equipment.

'Great, I have to go meet up with Ian about the college tour, but I'll be able to fill you in on that later,' Natalie told David and got up. She made her way to her room and began to get ready for the day.

Natalie emerged half an hour later, dressed, with her hair and make up done, ready to go to her meeting. She went to the kitchen to grab a water bottle to bring with her and then waved at the boys as she walked past them.

'Taylor, you're good to go grocery shopping right?' Natalie asked Taylor when she got to the hall and Taylor was quick to agree.

'Yeah! I have the list of stuff to get already, is there anything extra you want?' She asked and Natalie shook her head no.

'Thanks! I'll see you later,' and Natalie made her way into the garage. She had just unlocked her car when she felt a pair of hands wrap around her and pick her up. She let out a little squeak before she was turned around.

'Where do you think you're going?' David asked as Natalie wrapped her arms around his neck.

'To my meeting with SeatGeek, like I said,' she told him and happily accepted the kiss he placed on her lips.

'Without saying goodbye?' David pouted and Natalie laughed.

'You're podcasting!' She said and placed a quick peck to his pouted out lip.

'We haven't started yet, I just wanted to say bye,' he said and Natalie smiled.

'Bye, dork.'

'Rude,' David laughed and Natalie cheekily smiled up at him. He leaned in for a deeper kiss and they broke apart only when they needed air.

'You might want to fix your lipstick,' he said with a cocky smile and Natalie rolled her eyes.

'Love you, see you later,' she pecked his cheek and got into her car, driving away and off to her meeting.

David made his way back into the living room and sat down on the couch, ready to start the podcast. He had a smile on his face but it quickly morphed to confusion when he saw Jason staring at him.

'What?' David asked and Jason raised an eyebrow.

'Nothing, I just don't think that lipstick is really your color,' he said with a smirk and David blushed. He wiped his mouth and looked at Jason who pointed to his cheek as well. David gave a nervous laugh and wiped that too. They settled in and started the podcast.

'Alright guy, welcome back to views!'