Chapter Thirteen

Natalie and David sat in the Tesla as David started diving toward Chipotle. Natalie was on her phone pulling up Ian's number when David stopped her.

'We don't actually have a call with SeatGeek,' he said sheepishly.

Natalie looked up at him confused as David ran a hand through his already disheveled hair.

'I just wanted to spend some time alone with you. I didn't think the lie detector test went bad! So we should be in the clear,' David stopped running his hand through his hair and placed it on Natalie's thigh while he drove.

'Dave what's actually going on?' Natalie questioned. She could tell something was bothering him now.

'I think Jeff likes you!' David spat out quickly.

'Just kidding, I know Jeff likes you because he just told me he likes you and he wants to try and ask you out?' Natalie blinked a few times as she processed what David was saying.

'I knew he was acting weird!' She said in an "aha" moment.

'You know you have nothing to worry about right? I don't like Jeff.' Natalie continued. David nodded his head in confirmation that he did know.

'I just don't understand why every guy you've ever met is coming forward with feelings for you!' David said with a sigh, taking his hand from her thigh and putting it back on the steering wheel while he drove.

Natalie frowned at that. She knew this was bothering him. But she didn't know what she could do to stop it besides telling everyone about them. Natalie reached over and took David's hand off the steering wheel and put it back on her thigh with a smile. David relaxed a little at that. He didn't know why but he always felt a little more at ease when he was touching Natalie.

The more Natalie thought about it the more confused she got at the Jeff situation. She never got the idea that Jeff was into her before. And now that she's thinking about it she's pretty sure Jeff knew she liked David because of the way he called to check in after the party. Why would he try something when he knew she liked someone else?

She was so lost in thought she didn't notice them pull into the Chipotle parking lot until David turned off the car and gave her thigh a little squeeze. Natalie smiled and unbuckled her seat belt before getting out of the car. David has already gotten out and was waiting for her by the passenger door.

As they walked into the store Natalie grabbed David's hand. It felt good to just walk around like an actual couple holding hands. David smiled widely as they stood in line. He leaned over and place a kiss in her hair and Natalie leaned into him a little bit. Both were so content in that moment that they almost missed their cue to go up to the counter.

David ordered their food and Natalie went to the washroom. While she was in there fans came up to David excitedly asking for pictures. He panicked for a moment, wondering if they had seen him with Natalie, but when Natalie emerged from the bathroom they were so excited to see her, obviously not knowing she was there already.

On the way back to their house David got a call from Carly and Erin wondering if he would do a Starbucks mukbang with them later. He agreed and told them him and Natalie were almost home so they could leave when he got there.

They passed Jason and Ilya driving away from David's when they pulled into the driveway. It looked like most people had left to continue on with their day. Natalie got out of the car and walked into the house to let Carly and Erin know David was waiting for them.

Both girls gave Natalie a smile and went out to the Tesla. They were talking excitedly about new secret menu items they were going to try when Carly asked if they should bring Starbucks back for the people still at the house.

'Well, I doubt Jeff would want anything and I think it was just him and Joe there when we left.' Erin answered her. David gripped his steering wheel as he felt a pang of jealously he tried to push down.

'Maybe we can get something for Joe and Nat then! I'll text them and see if they want anything,' Carly answered, pulling her phone out and sending a text.

The three drove in silence for a couple minutes and Carly's phone dinged with a new message.

'Nat said that Joe just left, and her and Jeff don't want anything! So we're good,' Carly informed the car. Her and Erin started discussing more bits they could put in their vlogs when David felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He put the Tesla on self drive and pulled his phone out, seeing a notification from Natalie he smiled as he read it.

Natalie: I told Jeff.