Chapter Thirty Five

The beeping of David's alarm was sounding loudly. Natalie groaned and covered her ears, burrowing further into David's chest.

'Make it stop,' she mumbled and David places a kiss into her hair before rubbing his eyes.

'We have to get up babe,' he said and started to get up despite Natalie's grumbles of complaints.

David was walking around the room after putting a sweater on, gathering some of their things and doing some last minute packing. There was a knock on the door and David yelled for whoever it was to come in.

'Knock knock!' Zane said with a hand over his eyes and he slowly entered the room.

'We just want to make sure you guys are alive and almost ready?' Zane spoke with a hand still over his eyes.

'Zane you knocked, I wouldn't have told you to come in if we weren't decent,' David laughed and Zane finally dropped his hand.

'Well apparently you can never be too sure with you two,' Zane joked and Natalie groaned again from the bed.

'You guys go home, just leave me here to die,' she finally sat up in the bed and David threw a sweater in her direction.

'Fine, see you never,' David said as he finished putting the rest of their things in a suitcase.

'Wow, so you guys officially announce you're dating and now the honeymoon is over hey?' Zane asked with a smile and Natalie turned her head in question.

'What are you talking about? We've been officially dating for months,' she asked him and Zane threw a panicked look to David.

'Your Instagram story,' Zane said but it sounded like more of a question. Natalie still looked confused and Zane continued.

'You posted a story last night calling David your boyfriend and asking him to take you to McDonald's?' Again Zane phrased it like more of a question than the statement that it was.

'Oh,' was all Natalie said and David started feeling his pockets for his phone.

'I told you you would be mad about it. I even took a video of you refusing to take it down,' David finally found his phone and pulled it out.

'I'm not mad, I just forgot I did that,' Natalie said simply and put the sweater David had thrown at her on.

'UBERS DOWNSTAIRS,' Jason yelled from the living room and the three of them scrambled to get out the door and towards the airport for their flight.

As soon as they had gotten into the car Natalie placed her head on David's shoulder and closed her eyes. While her eyes were closed she started feeling around David's lap and David blushed while making eye contact with a smirking Corinna. Natalie finally found one of David's hands and held it in her own.

'I have to admit, I didn't know what you were feeling around there for Nat,' Corinna joked and Natalie didn't even open her eyes when she replied.

'Shut up.'

David knew Natalie had fallen asleep when he felt her grip loosen in his hand. She nuzzled her head into his shoulder more and David soon felt her even breaths on his neck.

'Fuck I'm so single,' Zane said from behind them as he watched David look adoringly at Natalie. Everyone laughed and the noise woke Natalie up just in time for them to pull up at the airport.

The group made their way into the airport and through security. Natalie took any chance she could to lean into David and try to get as much rest as possible.

'Are you really fine with how everyone found out about us? I know you wanted it a different way,' David asked when the two of them found themselves alone waiting in line for coffee.

'Yeah, like sure I wanted to post the video and see everyone freak out, but it's kind of nice to be able to do this and not worry about anything,' Natalie leaned up and placed a soft kiss to David's lips. David smiled and hummed into the kiss.

'I haven't even checked my phone but I'm sure the fans are going crazy,' he added and picked up their coffee, handing Natalie hers and starting the walk towards their gate.

'Oh probably,' Natalie reached for David's hand.

'I am a little sad I didn't get to post my video though, I thought it was cute,' she gave a shrug and David chuckled a little.

'Well of course it was cute, the video was about me, duh!' David said and Natalie rolled her eyes.

'Yeah, that's why it was cute,' Natalie replied sarcastically and they approached their friends at the gate. The group sat chatting at the gate until they were called to board and all made their way onto the plane.

As soon as they sat down Natalie closed her eyes wanting to get more sleep. David pulled out his laptop and spared a look in her direction.

'What are you doing?' She asked, cracking an eye open to look at him.

'I just have some work to do, on the vlog?' David coughed a little as he spoke and Natalie knew that meant he was lying.

'Fine don't tell me,' she said and placed her head against the wall shutting her eyes.

'Wake me up if you need me okay?' She said and David nodded his head even though she couldn't see him.

'I'm serious, if you started freaking out let me know,' she answered his nod and David agreed. He looked over at Natalie making sure her eyes were still closed and opened his 'Natalie' file on his computer.

David put his headphones on and pulled up Natalie's video he still had saved to his computer. He watched it a couple times and got to work making his own version.