Chapter Fifty One

Natalie was laughing along with the girls after finishing the story of how David proposed. She took a secret glance at her ring, shining on her finger, and when she looked up she saw Corinna smiling widely at her.

'Okay, so how are you going to propose to David?' Corinna asked and Natalie shrugged.

'I have one idea but I don't know if it's any good. I was hoping you guys could help with suggestions,' Natalie said.

'Well what's your idea?' Carly asked.

'I was thinking something like a scavenger hunt? Maybe around LA or maybe just the house?' Natalie said her suggestion and watched her friends smile and nod.

'I LOVE THAT!' Mariah yelled causing Natalie to jump and laugh.

'Oh my god, so cute,' Erin said.

'You guys think it's enough?' Natalie asked and all the girls nodded.

'And then at every spot I can have people that are important to us!' Natalie added, now excited to execute her plan. She pulled her phone out and sent some texts.

Natalie: hey, could I get your help with something?

Ilya: what's up?

Natalie smiled brightly and looked up at all the girls.

'Okay, it might take a couple days, and I'll need some help, but this can work,' she said and all the girls smiled and cheered.

'Anything you need Nat!' Corinna said as they all leaned in to hug Natalie. They huddled together and started planning for the proposal. Natalie sent texts to make sure she had a ton of help and was getting increasingly excited the more they planned.

Natalie got home a couple hours later to a quiet house. The lights were on but the normal hustle and bustle of their busy home wasn't present. She smiled and walked into the kitchen to get a snack. She looked through the pantry and made more mental notes of things she had to do to prepare for her proposal to David.

She grabbed a box of nut thins and leant against the counter. While eating she couldn't help but admire the ring on her finger. She smiled while looking at it and thinking about David. She wanted this proposal to be so special for him. He deserved it. David meant so much to her, and he was everything Natalie could even think about wanting or needing. She hated that David thought she wasn't as sure of this decision as he was. And if this made him even a little more sure she knew that they were going to spend the rest of their lives together she would do it. Natalie knew she could freak out and shut in on herself sometimes, and David was so good at going with it and helping her through it.

Natalie heard a rustle come from the living room and gently put down the nut thins. She slowly and quietly made her way into the living room and saw David napping on the couch. A slow smile appeared on her face and she took her shoes off and tip toed closer to the couch. She slipped onto to couch and laid on top of David.

'What?' David asked as he opened his eyes. He relaxed slightly when he saw Natalie laying on top of him.

'Hey,' she whispered and nuzzled into his chest, letting out a sigh as she got comfortable.

'Hi,' David whispered back and closed his eyes again, wrapping his arms around her, smiling when he felt her kiss his neck.

'Sorry I woke you up, go back to sleep,' she whispered again, closing her eyes now.

'I'm not that sorry. That's one of the best ways to be woken up,' David mumbled out as he heard Natalie's breaths start to even out.

David woke up a little while later with Natalie still laying on top of him sleeping. He smiled and carefully reached for his phone on the coffee table. After mindlessly scrolling through his social media's for a while he took a little video.

'Guys, how is this comfortable? I'm skin and bones. This can't be comfy,' David laughed into his phone while panning over Natalie still asleep on him. She stirred slightly and brought her hand up to her face to rub her eyes. David smiled down at her and put his phone back on the table. He turned the TV on and began watching while Natalie let out a light snore and sigh.

'Nat?' David whispered and Natalie hummed.

'Babe wake up,' he tried again and Natalie slowly blinked her eyes open and looked up at him.

'Why?' She asked, dragging out the y.

'It's almost nine, everyone wants us to go out,' he replied and Natalie let out another sigh, sitting up and rubbing her eyes again.

'Fine,' she pouted and David chuckled while also sitting up and pecking her pouted lip.

'Come on sleeping beauty, lets go get ready,' he said standing up and reached a hand out for Natalie to take and pulling her off the couch.