Chapter Twenty Nine

Natalie woke up to an empty bed in the morning. She reached her arm across the space where David was supposed to be and looked around confused. She got out of bed and made her way into the living room where she saw David. He had his back to her and she snuck up behind him and wrapped her arms around him.

'No! You're suppose to stay in bed!' David whined and turned around in Natalie's arms to place his around her as well.

'What are you talking about?' She asked him in return. Natalie lifted her hand to gently trace around the bruise on David's face. David was just about to answer when a knock sounded at the door and he went to answer it. A room service cart sat outside the door and David wheeled it in.

'This was suppose to be your breakfast in bed,' David said with a smirk and Natalie smiled. She went to reach for some of the food when David slapped her hand away.

'Did you not just hear me?' He asked and Natalie raised an eyebrow at him and leaned in close for a kiss.

'I stopped listening after I heard breakfast,' she told him and went to close the distance on the kiss when David ducked out of the way.

'No, no, no! I'm trying to be all romantic and shit! Go in the bed and pretend to sleep!' He told her and Natalie rolled her eyes.

'Are you serious?' She asked.

'Dead ass,' David told her with a straight face and Natalie rolled her eyes again.

'You're lucky I love you,' she said and turned to walk into the bedroom.

'I am!' He yelled after her and waited a minute before knocking on the door and bringing the tray of food into the room.

'Nat! Wake up!'

Natalie laughed and rolled her eyes as she sat up in bed and waited for David to finish the rest of the walk towards the bed.

'You are such a loser,' she told him when he finally made it to the bed and placed the tray down.

'Can I kiss you now please? Or are you going to avoid it again?' She asked as he sat beside her and pulled the blankets over the two of them.

'Sorry,' he mumbled and placed a kiss on her lips and she deepened it.

'Okay! What have we got here?' Natalie asked excitedly and clapped her hands. David took the cover off the tray and showed her pancakes, bacon, muffins, fruit, and lucky charms. All of her favorites. Natalie dove right in and began eating without abandon.

Twenty minutes later the tray was empty and placed on the ground, Natalie was laying in bed with her head on David's lap. They could hear their friends making their way into the living room as they woke up, but their room was peaceful. She was slowly falling asleep when she heard him speak.

'I think we should talk more about yesterday,' he told her and Natalie opened her eyes to look at him. She nodded her head and sat up beside him, waiting for him to start talking.

'I think we should make a rule where we're not allowed to leave when we're having an argument. Mostly for me, but I think it can help you too,' he told her and Natalie processed and then nodded her head.

'Yeah, that would take out the miscommunication part of arguments we seem to always have,' she agreed.

'Exactly!'

'I'm sorry I'm not the best at saying what I mean,' she told David and looked away from him.

'Nat, it's okay,' David said and reached his hand out to grab hers.

'Look at me,' he told her and she slowly brought her gaze back to meet his and accepted the kiss he leaned in for.

'That's why we won't be able to leave. We have to stay and finish the fight. Deal?' He asked and a slow smile came onto Natalie's face.

'Deal,' she leaned in this time to kiss him. She pulled away and looked into his eyes for a second and then curled into his side. She placed her head on his chest and David threw his arm around Natalie to pull her in tighter. They sat in silence for a while before David spoke.

'So, want to tell our families today?'

'Sure,' Natalie said but her voice raised a couple octaves as she said it, signifying she was nervous. David started to run his hand up and down her back.

'Why are you nervous?' He asked her and Natalie sat up more.

'What if they don't like me?' She asked, not making eye contact.

'Nat, are you on fucking crack? My family loves you! You know they love you!'

'I know, but they saw you yesterday. What if they don't think we're right for each other now? Not to mention you start dating me and all of a sudden you're showing up with a black eye!' She told him her concerns and David smiled.

'Toby told me yesterday that he met the new neighbors. Apparently they have a daughter around his age and he hopes she's his Natalie,' a shy smile worked its way onto Natalie's face as she listened to David.

'What?'

'Toby seems to think that finding your Natalie is finding your soulmate.' Natalie's smile widened.

'I might think so too,' he admitted and Natalie's heart beamed. She leaned in to kiss him and wrapped her arms around his neck, moving to straddle his lap. David smiled into the kiss when he felt Natalie start to play with his hair at the nape of his neck. He wound his arms around her waist and then held her to him.

They broke apart when the door to their room opened and Zane walked in.

'OH MY GOD! MY EYES! PUT A SOCK ON THE DOOR NEXT TIME!' He slapped his hands over his eyes as soon as he saw them. His commotion gained the attention of their other friends and soon Jason, Carly, Erin, Corinna and Todd were all standing in their doorway. Natalie blushed and hid her face in her hands and tried to burrow into David's chest. She made a move to get off of him but he held her in place.

'First of all, next time knock Zane. Second, get the fuck out!' David said to the group and it seemed to get them all moving. They scurried away leaving the door open.

'CLOSE THE DOOR!' David yelled after them, Natalie still mortified.

'Sorry,' Corinna said as she came back to close the door. She gave a little smirk that only David could see because Natalie still had her face hidden in David's chest.

Once the door was closed Natalie started to laugh. Her hands wrapped around David's torso but her face was still buried into him.

'I'm never showing my face again,' she told him and he let out a little chuckle.

'It would be rude to deprive the world of that beauty though,' David told her and she finally lifted her head so he could look in her eyes. She was still blushing and David raised his arm to her cheek and kissed her softly.

'It was only a matter of time before someone walked in on us I guess,' he said and Natalie laughed. She finally got off of his lap and started to make her way into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

'I guess it could have been a lot worse,' she decided and spoke out loud.