Chapter Eighteen

Natalie woke up later than she wanted to the next day. She had a lot to do and the late start really put her behind.

David has texted her that afternoon to give her his flight number, once again reminding her he should be in around 9 pm. He also said he told the boys he had an early morning meeting on Monday and that's why he was leaving Sunday night, just so the two of them were on the same page.

Natalie got home from running errands around 7:30 and had about forty five minutes to kill before she needed to leave to pick up David. She ate some dinner and was cleaning up a little around the house when she realized it was time for her to leave.

She was on her way to the airport when she hit traffic. Natalie sighed, this always seemed like her luck. She finally arrived at the airport around 9:20 and noticed David wasn't waiting in their usual spot yet. She waiting for half an hour before she tried calling him.

David's phone went straight to voicemail when she called, and her texts weren't delivering either. Natalie grew a little concerned and thought she would try to call Jason and double check David actually got on his flight.

'Hello?' Jason answered on the second ring.

'Hey Jace!' Natalie replied.

'Hey Nat! What's up?'

'I just wanted to check that David got on his flight? He was suppose to land like an hour ago but he's not here.'

'Really? That's weird. We dropped him off for it. We actually switched our flight, so we got an earlier time while we were at the airport so I know he for sure should have been on the plane. Maybe go in and see if it was delayed or something?' Jason suggested and Natalie began to pull out of the loading zone to park the Tesla.

'Yeah I'll do that! What time is your new flight?' She asked.

'We're actually just about to board! So we should be home in like a hour and a half,' Natalie heard the announcement for the boys to board and said her goodbyes to Jason.

She finally found somewhere to park and made her way into the airport to find out about David's flight.

The line up at the information desk seemed extra long. She had already been waiting in it for about an hour when she heard an announcement that anyone waiting for passengers from flight 8363 from Las Vegas should go into a separate room. Natalie looked at the text David had sent her earlier and confirmed that was his flight and followed the group of people.

'We are aware that flight 8363 from Las Vegas isn't here yet, and we've just been informed that they had to make an emergency landing when one of their engines blew mid flight. We are still waiting on more information at this time, but we will update you when we know more.' A spokesperson from the airline spoke. People erupted in questions as the representative stepped down from the podium they were standing behind.

Natalie sat there with her mouth hanging open. Her phone rang and she was quick to pick it up.

'David?' She answered.

'No Nat, it's me. We were wondering if you were still here and could give us a ride?' Jason asked.

'Jason?' Natalie started to cry.

'Nat? Are you okay! What's going on? Where are you?' Jason had a rapid fire of questions as he tried to get Natalie to tell him where in the airport she was.

'His flight... engine... baggage claim 1...' Jason could only pick up on so many things as he listened to Natalie cry. He began to run towards the baggage claim and the other boys looked confused but decided best to follow him.