Chapter Ten

Natalie woke up feeling more rested than she had in a while. Her and David were in the same position they had fallen asleep in. Natalie smiled and let out a content sigh before taking her cold hand and sliding it under David's shirt to warm it up. She felt David shiver and she leaned up to kiss his jaw.

David smiled as he felt Natalie kiss him. With his eyes still closed he rubbed a hand through his hair and then pulled Natalie closer to him.

'Morning,' he let out in a raspy morning voice.

'Hi,' Natalie was smiling up at him when he finally opened his eyes.

'Hmm,' he hummed out at the feeling of Natalie lightly running her finger nails on his bare chest and stomach under his shirt.

'I want to stay like this forever,' David admitted. A bright smile overcame Natalie's face and she leaned up to place a couple more kisses on his jaw and neck.

Natalie nuzzled her face closer into the crook of his neck and closed her eyes again. They were both so happy in the moment they didn't hear voices in the living room until it was too late.

'Jason I wouldn't go in there! I think Dave's still not feeling well,' Natalie heard Ilya call out before the bedroom door swung open and Jason walked in talking excitedly about plans he made that day.

'Dave! Lie detector day! Everyone is..... what do we have here?' Jason stopped in his tracks as he took in the view of David and Natalie cuddled up together in bed.

Both of them blushed as Natalie tried to hide her face in David's chest and took her hand from under his shirt to cover the rest of her face.

David took his blanket and brought it up higher around them, wanting to disappear at being caught.

'Told you we could fool him!' Ilya let out a fake laugh from behind Jason. Trying to play this off like a prank on him.

'Nice try Ilya, you guys had no clue I was coming over.' Jason said with a smirk.

'How long has this been going on? Is this why you called Natalie your girlfriend when we were trying to get home on the day of the earthquake?'

Natalie's ears perked up at that comment and she looked up a David who was blushing.

'Ohhhhh your girlfriend hey? You liiiiiiike me!' She teased him. Lightly poking his chest to annoy him.

'Natalie you literally are my girlfriend.' David deadpanned. Natalie let out a giggle and moved to sit up against the head board.

'Actually Jace, it happened that night.' David said. Moving to sit up beside Natalie as Jason and Ilya sat at the foot of the bed.

'But Ilya knows? Was that whole thing yesterday fake?' Jason asked. Still trying to put the pieces together.

'Nope, that was me actually getting turned down for my best friend,' Ilya spoke up.

'What happened to "being happy for us"' Natalie asked sarcastically using air quotes.

'Yeah yeah, I am, I am.' Ilya said back with a laugh.

'Actually Dave, I was hoping you and I could do something today. Maybe just get lunch or coffee or something?' Ilya spoke and David nodded his head.

'Of course man. We can get breakfast if you want.' David replied and then turned his attention to Jason.

'And as much as I'm happy you know, could you please keep it a secret for a little bit longer? Natalie wants to give us a fair shot before everyone finds out,' David asked.

'Definitely! I'm just so happy for you guys! I've literally wanted this more than anything!' Jason smiled at the two. Natalie returned his smile and absentmindedly reached for David's hand and interlocked their fingers.

David saw Ilya make an awkward glance at their joined hands and moved them so they were under the blanket. He knew what it was like to love Natalie and have her be with someone else, he didn't want to rub it in Ilya's face.

Natalie gave David a slight smile and felt him give her hand a squeeze. While she was happy Jason and Ilya knew about them, and they didn't have to hide their relationship around them. She was still confident about her decision to keep it on the down low until further notice.

So much had happened in the three days they've been together. She wanted to know that her and David could make it work even through all the craziness that was their lives.

Natalie was brought out of her thoughts to the boys having a conversation around her.

'So like I was saying, Jim the lie detector guy is coming over today!' Jason started.

'We haven't done one in a while, and all the comments on my last video were about how David never got tested!'

David's eyes grew wide at the thought of being hooked up to a lie detector in front of all his friends and the internet.

'I don't know if that's a good idea Jace, especially now that I have something I'm keeping from people...' David started to object when Jason interrupted.

'No, no, no! You're not getting out of this! Worst case, you say something about Nat, play it off like a malfunction on the machine and I won't put it in the vlog. Nat said she would hook up with you last time and it didn't become a huge thing!'

David looked at Natalie who returned his gaze. They made eye contact and he raised his eyebrow in a question. As if asking for her permission to do this. She smiled and nodded her head, showing that it was okay with her.

'AWEH! Look at that! They already can talk without using words!' Jason said and Ilya gave a chuckle. David looked to the roof before looking back at Jason and saying,

'Ugh! Okay I feel like I'm going to regret this. But I'm in.'