•2•

Second day of school.
Two days till the party.
Seven hours until my mom bombards me with a million overpriced dresses to try on.
"Hey new girl" a girl I haven't seen before says. I close my locker and shoot her a smile.
"Hi, it's Elenor" I introduce myself.
"Elenor, yes I know" she nods. "Didn't you model for Chanel?"
"Oh, uh yeah. Just a couple times" I shrug.
"That's so cool!" She smiles. "And aren't you Margaret Saltzman's daughter?"
"Yeah" I nod, unimpressed with the research this girl has done on me.
"We should totally hang out sometime!" She squeals.
In your dreams, bitch.
"Elle come on we're going to be late" Haz pops up at my side and the girls face falls.
"Sorry, I've gotta go. Talk later." I say as Haz pulls me away almost frantically.
"What'd she say?" He whispers to me as we walk to class.
"Well she basically was telling me about my life, followed by a we should totally hang out" I explain.
"Really?" He says confused.
"Yeah why?" I ask.
"That's my ex girlfriend, she's crazy, why is she being nice to you?" He says more to himself than to me. "She's not nice to anyone."
"I'm sure there's an alternative motive, considering she kept asking about my work and mom" I say.
We get into class and sit down.
"Don't be her friend, she's a backstabbing bitch" he mutters and I laugh.
"Who's a backstabbing bitch?" My favorite teacher asks from behind us. "Let me in on the juicy secrets"
"Sorry Mr. P we can't do that" Haz shakes his head.
"Ugh I'm never included" he frowns and returns to the front of the class.
"What's her name anyways? She was so focused on me she didn't say" I ask.
"Brook, and good. You don't want to be on a first name basis with her, the further away, the better."
Class starts and goes by quickly, not another word about brook was said, but I can't help but wonder who she is and what she did to Haz. I head off to my math class.
When I walk in, I see Tom sitting in the far back corner, and he shoots me a smile.
I walk through the empty desks towards the back and sit in the one next to him, to which he gives me a confused face.
"You seemed lonely" I comment.
"Maybe I like it back here alone" he says.
"No one actually wants to be alone. So you get me." I state, pulling out my books and supplies.
"I have a lot of friends" he says.
"Well they're not smart enough to be in this class, and I'd like to think we're friends now too" I say.
Something about Tom makes me sad. Yeah, he's got Haz and Tuwaine, and the twins.. but he seems so alone. I don't know what it is but I feel so drawn to him. Maybe I just need him, I'm desperate for any friends after moving here.
"Sore from last night?" He asks and I can't contain the laugh that comes out.
"You can't say that out loud dude" I giggle.
"Oh come on get your head out of the gutter" he comments.
"Yes, I am very sore, in fact I'm almost too sore for our session after school" I trail off.
"Too bad. No pain no gain" he says and I stick my tongue out at him.
"Okay well I have dress shopping so it'll have to wait until after that" I say.
"Models" he mumbles with an eye roll.
______
Lunch time, do I sit with my new friends? Or try to find some girls to be friends with? My mom will go nuts if I don't make any girl friends.
Well... to the boys it is.
"Hey" I smile as I sit down at the table, seeing a couple new faces but sticking to the ones I know.
"What's your choice of alcohol?" Haz asks me.
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"What do you drink? The party is in two days and I'm goin to get the drinks tonight" he explains.
"Oh.. I don't know" I shrug. "I haven't drank more than a handful of times"
"Well darlin' you're legal in the UK so get ready to have the night of your life" he says.
"You're so fucking stupid mate" Tom shakes his head. "She doesn't need to get black out drunk her first time in a house full of horny high school boys"
"We got your back" Tuwaine says.
"Yeah we've got you! Drink to your hearts desire!" Harry comments.
"Okay who said anything about me getting drunk?" I laugh.
"Yeah lads calm down" Tom mutters.
"Because it's your first party in London and we can watch you the whole time" Haz says.
"Not to be rude, but I just met you all yesterday. I don't trust you guys yet" I say.
"Good, never trust them. Ever." Tom says and Haz scoffs.
"Toms the goody two shoes of the group, don't listen to him" Haz says.
"Well, I like the good ones" I say and Tom gets a small smile on his face.
"Hey Ellie come sit with us" I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn to see brook from earlier.
"It's Elenor" I correct her. "And I would but we're a little busy"
"With what?" She asks.
Haz quickly shakes his head at me, obviously not wanting me to tell her about the party.
"Haz wants to get a brow lift from my dad" I say and his mouth drops.
"Oh.. okay. I'll just um, I'll see you later" brook says completely confused before walking away. The entire table erupts in laughter except Haz.
"Seriously? Out of everything you could have said!" Haz groans.
"Hey mate why don't you get some lip injections while you're at it" Tom laughs.
"You could use a bit of a brow lift" I say to Tom, examining his face.
"What?! No! My eyebrows are fine!" He says.
"I'll give you my dads number" I joke, earning laughs from everyone at the table.
School finishes for the day, and I remember I have an hour long appointment at a dress shop with my mom for a party dress. I told her because I needed her to buy one for me, not for her to be this extra.