•25•

Several drinks later, and one lovely song from Baylee, our night comes to an end.
"Seriously, it was so good catching up with you. Hopefully I'll see you around?" Alex asks.
"Yeah sure" I nod, giving him a small smile.
"And I will call you" he says plainly to Baylee.
"Yeah bye" Baylee says as he walks off to his car.
"Sooo you into him?" I ask and she rolls her eyes, walking away from me.
"I'll meet you in the car" I say to Tom, walking to Baylee.
"Baylee hold on" I say, catching up to her as she stops walking away.
"Can you maybe just leave me alone?" She says.
"Are you mad at me?" I ask.
"Yeah I'm fucking mad at you!" She raises her voice at me. "I finally get my first date after being cheated on and even he can't stop gawking over you!"
"Baylee, I didn't mean to ruin your date. If I would have known I wouldn't have come.. im sorry" I say.
"Can you please stop acting like you feel bad?" She mutters.
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"God Elle don't you see?! Every guy is fucking in love with you! It's always about you and don't act like you don't love it! Don't act like you don't know that any guy would drop everything for you!" She yells at me.
"Is this about Tom?" I ask.
"No! It's about the fact that you're always going to be perfect and I'm not! I can't fucking be around you!"
"Baylee that's not-"
"Bye Elle" she says, getting In her car and speeding off.
Tom pulls the car up to me and I get in.
"Sweetheart you're shaking.. what happened?" He asks.
"Can we just go home?" I ask quietly.
"Yeah" he says, driving us home.
He drops me off, after I told him I'd rather be alone about fifteen times. I love that he didn't push me to tell him what had happened between Baylee and I, he was just concerned.
I go inside and up to my room.
Guess tomorrow I'll just have to show Baylee that I don't think I'm the lords work. I'll show her who I truly am. Who I was before my mom made me who I am.
___
Leggings, sweatshirt, messy ponytail, no makeup, I even decided to wear my glasses instead of contacts today.
This is the true me. The me no one found attractive.
"Oh my god.. what happened?" My mom asks.
"I don't need to be a model for school mom" I say.
"But this.. this isn't you" she says.
It's me, just not wearing a thousand dollars worth of clothes and makeup.
"I have to go" I say, walking out the door and over to the Holland household.
I knock on the door and a smiling Nikki answers.
"Elle you're early! Tom should be right down, come on in." She invited me in and I thank her, walking inside and shutting the door behind me.
"Would you like a cup of tea?" She asks.
"That'd be great, thank you" I smile.
She makes her way into the kitchen and I wait on the couch.
"Who are you?" Harry asks jokingly as he walks into the living room.
"Haha very funny" I say.
"Well, I like this version of you. She seems cool" he says. "Which is good because the normal Elle is a diva!"
"Wow Harry I thought you were actually trying to be nice for once!" I laugh.
"Hey so.." he starts, sitting down next to me. "I know"
"You know?..." I trail off.
"You and Tom are together" he says.
"Nope" I shake my head.
"Cmon I'm not dumb. After that whole thing there's no way that you guys fixed it with friendship"
"You're annoying" I laugh. "Believe what you want"
Nikki comes in with the tea and we chat for a moment.
"Fuck! I'm going to be late Elle is going to flip, you know what a nerd she is- oh hey" Tom says as he rushes downstairs.
"What was that about me being a nerd?" I ask.
"Nothing. Nothing at all" he shakes his head.
"You two better hurry and get to school" Nikki says.
"Yeah come on nerd" Tom says and I frown.
"Id rather be a nerd than stupid" I say and Harry laughs.
"Ah she got you there mate" Harry says.
We walk out and Get in his car. He pulls out of the driveway and turns the corner.
"This isn't the way to school" I say.
"I know" he says, pulling over. "But you look so hot in those leggings"
He leans over and kisses me roughly. I pull away, feeling happy.
"You still think I'm pretty" I smile.
"Of course I do, what's different?" He stares at me for a moment. "Ah the glasses! You look cute in them"
"It's a lot more than that and I'm glad you still find me pretty, but I was trying to look bad today" I say.
"You failed epically in my opinion, why would you try to look bad?" He asks, pulling back out onto the road.
"Last night.." I start. "When Baylee got mad at me she said that I was perfect and love that every guy is in love with me.. I just want her to realize that's not true.."
"Babygirl.. she was mad. She was upset that you and her date had a history, she said somethings she didn't mean.. everything will be fine now. Promise" he says.
It wasn't fine.
The day went by, Baylee wouldn't talk to me.. she even sat at a different table at lunch. I don't feel like I did anything wrong last night, it was Alex who was being a dick. I understand why she's upset with me, but to flat out ignore me all day? This is ridiculous.
"Baylee come on" I say, walking up to her locker.
"You really thought laying off the makeup and wearing a sweatshirt would make up for last night?" She laughs.
"I didn't even do anything" I say.
"You didn't have to"
She walks away, leaving me alone.