•28•

"Want to tell me why you seem angry that your sisters moving to London? I thought that went well?" Tom questions as we get in bed.
"She is moving there because her and Luis both work full time. She needs help. Our mom and dad work full time too. She's trying to dump her baby on me, because she thinks I have nothing better to do with my life than take care of hers" I state.
"I'm sure that's not what she thinks" he says.
"It's exactly what she thinks, she's always done this. I do the work, she gets the credit" I say.
"You're not just the pretty one Elle" Tom states.
God it's pathetic that I need to hear that all the time.
"I want to do something that means something" I say.
"Maybe helping your sister with this baby will be that something" Tom suggests.
"Ugh you're right" I sigh.
"Come on" he pulls me back, laying on his chest. He strokes my hair, calming my senses until I fall asleep.
__
"You sure you'll be okay?" I ask Tom.
"I'll be fine Elle, I'm excited to explore the city a bit. I'll see you at your show" he kisses me.
"Okay, bye" I smile, getting out of the car and leaving Tom with Henry.
I walk inside, instantly being crowded by chaos.
"Barry!" I call out when I see the thick black rimmed square glasses.
"Elenor honey!" He squeals, walking over and hugging me. "Let's get you into makeup!"
He leads me through to another room.
"Annika! Makeup!" Barry says.
"Hey come on over" Annika smiles at me.
I take a seat in the chair and she starts my makeup.
I sit on my phone, texting Tom, but he's probably having too much fun to text me back.
I see a text come in from someone I don't expect..
Daniel: hey.. can we talk?
It's been a week. Why the fuck does he want to talk to me? Fuck him.
I ignore his text.
"I'll be right back" Annika says and I nod.
"Ellie?" I hear a voice say.
Only one person calls me Ellie...
Please don't be him. Please don't be him. Please don't be him.
I turn and meet the too familiar bright green eyes and dark brown hair.
"Hey Elliot." I say.
"What are you doing in New York?" He asks.
"Just here for a few days" I shrug.
Everything inside me wants to punch him for breaking things off with me and instantly dating my best friend.. but I can't seem to show my anger..
"I wasn't expecting to see you here" he says.
"I could say the same"
"Hey look.. I'm sorry about what happened with Taylor." He says.
"No hard feelings" I state.
Oh. There's definitely hard feelings.
Annika returns, and continues my makeup.
"So is your mom here with you? I'd love to say hi" he says.
I don't know if I'm wanting to get to him, or if I'm just stupidly immature, but I have to say it.
"Actually I'm here with my boyfriend" I say.
"Boyfriend?" He asks. "Like from London? Didn't you just move there?"
"Well you managed to move on the day after we broke up so I'd say two months is pretty acceptable" I say, and Annika holds in a laugh.
She's definitely on my side. We should get T-shirts that say 'fuck Elliot' on the back of them.
"Well am I going to meet him?" He asks.
Why? So he can feel threatened? Toms way more attractive than him. I don't care if he's a model, doesn't make him good looking.
"Well he'll be at the show so." I state. "Now if you could go, I need my space before a show"
Elliot awkwardly walks out and Annika laughs.
"I hate that guy, so that was quite the show" she says.
"I hate him too" I agree.
Tom: you're right. I just had the best slice of pizza.
I smile at the text, quickly responding.
Elle: told you!
Oh how I wish I could text Baylee right now and tell her about how I ran into Elliot and stood up to him. She'd be so proud of me.. I miss her a lot.
Haz: so you just up and left for New York and didn't tell me? I just knocked on your door.😂
Elle: sorry! It was so last minuet I'm pretty sure only my parents and the Holland's know.
I wait a moment, it takes him a while to text back.
Haz: just knocked on Toms door and was told he went with you? Isn't that weird?..
Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. He can't find out.
Elle: a little bit, my mom said he had to go with me cause she didn't want me to go alone and he's the only one she knows really well.
I mean that works. Yeah I'm 18 and make my own decisions but he'll definitely believe that my mom influenced the decision to bring Tom.
Haz: makes sense. Hopefully you'll be home soon?
Elle: at like 11 pm tomorrow, breakfast the next day?
Haz: sounds like a plan :)
The hair stylist comes in and does my hair as wardrobe gets my outfit. I'm styled in an oversized tulle floral dress that looked like something a fairy would wear. Definitely extravagant.
"Elle I've got a guy claiming he's your boyfriend?" Barry asks.
"Hot and British?" I question.
"That's him" he nods.
"Yeah he's mine, let him back" I smile.
I wait a moment and the dressing room door opens.
"No kissing, you'll ruin her makeup" Barry warns Tom.
"Alright" Tom laughs and Barry gives us both a stern look before leaving.
"look at you princess" Tom says. "I have to say, the flower garden fairy look is working for you"
"Well this dress is probably priced at ten thousand dollars so" I shrug.
"Jesus that's crazy" he shakes his head. "You look so beautiful Elle. I can't believe I managed to get you to be mine"
"Stop being cute when I can't kiss you" I smile.
There's a knock on my door and it opens.
"Hey Ellie I know you don't want me here but Barry asked me to bring you these shoes" Elliot walks them over to me.
"Thanks Elliot" I mutter.
"And you are?" Elliot asks, turning to Tom. "They're not suppose to let people back here"
Tom heard the name. He knows who Elliot is. I can tell he's desperately trying to keep his cool.
"I'm Tom, Elle's boyfriend" he smiles.
"So you're the new guy" Mark states.
"So you're the one who got with Elle's best friend right after she left" Tom states. I hold back my laugh.
Normally I'd be nervous that this may inflict a fight later, but let's be real. My boyfriend is a personal trainer and a gym rat. He can take Elliot.
"I see you've talked about me, good to know" Elliot says to me.
"Alright well I got my shoes, you can leave" I say.
"See you on the runway" he winks at me before leaving.
Honestly, fuck Elliot.